49ers To Start QB Troy Smith Vs Broncos

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Oct 27, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Troy Smith, who has yet to take a first-team practice snap with the 49ers, will be the team's starting quarterback Sunday against the Denver Broncos, coach Mike Singletary announced Wednesday morning. Alex Smith is expected to miss 2 to 3 weeks with a left shoulder separation, Singletary said. David Carr has been demoted after struggling against the Carolina Panthers after taking over for Alex Smith. Carr completed 5 of 13 passes for 67 yards and a critical interception in the 49ers' 23-20 loss to the Panthers. "The bottom line is I think for where we are, Troy Smith gives us a good opportunity to win the game," Singletary said. Troy Smith was signed to a one-year contract leading up to the 49ers' first game of the regular season after the Baltimore Ravens released him at the final cutdown date. "Probably the No. 1 thing I like about him is leadership," Singletary said. "The ability to get everybody on the same page."

Source: Comcast Sports Bay Area

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
  2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Heeeellllllllllooooooo competitive London game :ariba:

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Yeah, you guys get a high class game

4. andy82

Haha :p Well it can't be worse than the first and last ones (Giants/Dolphins, Pats/Bucs)

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Drop Carr ya doofus' and call Jeff Garcia...

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

with their season lost, this is probably the best thing that could've happened. see what you've got in troy because we know what alex is and carr is nothing. in fact, the niners should probably be playing their back-ups at many positions to see what they've got for the future.

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Hope for the best, plan for the worst......

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I liked what I seen out of Troy Smith when he had those few starts with Baltimore. I think he will have a sub-par game but I think he will do enough to start the rest of the season.

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

true dat, will you be there?

10. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

You can give the 49ers the Jets, Patriots, Steelers or Ravens roster and they would still be 1-6 with the garbage coaching. Start at the top, Yorks need to sell the team to an owner who wants to win (I mean really wants to win), get a qualified coaching staff and then perhaps the team will FINALLY head in the right direction.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Not true, every team in the league has bad coaching somewhere within the staff. Give me Elite Talent over great coaching, you really think Jim Caldwell is responsible for the 14-2 season last year or Peyton Manning? If the 49ers had those rosters you named with the same exact coaching staff I promise you they have more then 1 win.

12. this has disaster written all over it.

btw coaching is responsible for wins first and foremost.

It doesn't matter if you have peyton manning if they cant execute and are poorly coached. Player's can only do so much.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

the York's want to win. They have a great GM they just need a coach.

13. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Who cares if it has diaster written all over it. What does it matter. They're 1-252758907. Might as well. Plus the pas blocking is awful this guy can run.

14. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Very very true

15. Jeffgoodt

Jeffgoodt Team Veteran

To be honest I love this decision. Troy will surprise a lot of people and I think he'll get the W

16. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Hell yea Troy this is your shot show them what you got. I honstestly believe that if he does not get sick during the preseaon he would be Baltimores starter right now

17. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

about time boy bring up nate davis while your at it:icon_cheesygrin:

18. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Good for Troy. I'm happy for him. Hopefully he can impress some people and stake his claim to the starting job. He can make plays with his feet, too.

19. andy82

Yep :icon_cool: Making the most of this years one, without the lockout looming I could see this being the last one for a long time.

20. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Meh. What does it really matter? 1-6's a likely bid that the season's screwed anyways. :|