7 Steps To Fixing The Cowboys

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Jihad Joe, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yeah. It would be totally silly to get rid of Roy Williams. He's playing with confidence and compliments the WR core nicely. Plus he's got some rhythm with Romo going, the rhythm that he so desperately seeked in his struggles last season and when he arrived. Sure he's overpaid but that doesn't mean he's not a weapon on the field.

Yeah, not to mention he's great in the community.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think nowadays there is more success then struggle impliment new systems. I mean look at the last time we implement new systems. 13-3 and the whole league had no freaking clue how to stop us until late in the season. The Giants defense that smothered the unstoppable Patriots we embarrassed twice. They couldnt figure us out, then once they did, they won

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

not that it means anything, but the more Williams succeeds the less Joey Galloway stains the Cowboys

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

All great points. This time I agree with them.

So umm should we be like Bills fans or something?

4. Jihad Joe

Honestly, I dont want the first pick. I dont think anyone will trade for it. And while Luck is mighty good, I dont trust Jones not to do it. Only way I want Luck is if we hire Harbaugh, and I think thats a long shot

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I still don't think that trade was the worst move ever. We gave up alot more than I would have liked but sometimes you gotta take risks. The contract he received now is a different story, but hey I'm not paying his contract so I don't really care too much. That trade could have been done without the 3rd rounder lol. So hard to believe Galloway is still in the NFL, as long as he's in the league i'll always be reminded.

Which Harbaugh? I dislike them both.

6. Jihad Joe

Jim of Stanford........Captain Comeback

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

No thanks.

I really think any coach you could think of Jerruh can get. I mean not coaches that are locked down like Bellichek or Rex Ryan. But coaches who are retired, college I think he could grab a few from their big programs (stoops? miles (ew), others), I think almost any Coordinator in the NFL, and Coaches who are on the brink of being fired in the nfl. I'm sure Jerruh wouldn't hesitate to sweeten the pot if need be. Cmon this is teh Dallas Cowboys with the Billion Dollar stadium and storied history, with some big names currently on the roster and probably a nice 1st round pick and money to work with in FA? no cap>? lol iunnoo but yeah. thats a whole nother story.

8. Jihad Joe

I think your right there.

From what I remember back in 2007, Ron Rivera was rather close to the job, but lost out because he lacked 3-4 expirience

IMO, he is a name to think about, because he might make it easier for Jones to get Turner (who will probobly be fired) to the offense.

I alluded to it in my blog, but Ive been hearing some whispers of a Billick/Marv Lewis reunion here. Im not a fan of Billick, but im a huge fan of Lewis as a DC. Right now I think Lewis is the best person we could possibly get to run a defense, and he'll set up a good coordinator tree. I can live with Billick if he brought Lewis

As far as coaches, I think it all comes down to who they have under them

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Lewis as DC makes sense to me. I'm not to sure about Rivera, one guy I do like though is Kirk Ferentz even if he's sitting pretty at Iowa. Not to keen on Harbaugh at all.

Nobody supports the idea of moving Ball to the dimeback role?

10. Jihad Joe

I wouldnt mind ball back as a dimeback. He actually played pretty well as a NCB when it was just him Jenkins and Scanback in 2008. The thing is I think his contract is up after the season

Wouldnt mind Ferentz, good fundamental coach, but Im not too big on the college ranks, and your right, I dont think he;d leave Iowa. With Harbaugh, I just dont know enough about him as a coach. Never seen him get a program up and running completely to be sold, just mention him because he is a name that gets tossed around

Rivera is a guy is like because he is adaptive. He is a guy who has coached Jim Johnson schemes, Tampa 2 and the 3-4. he strikes me as a dude that will look at the roster and say "What kind of scheme will these players thrive in"

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Umm I wouldn't mind going with a young college coach. That's if we don't get someone proven like Cowher. who wouldn't want Cowher? lol. Theres so many names at this point that we can toss around.

Jimmy Johnson? lol

12. Jihad Joe

Honestly, I think if we gave Johnson top assistants, i think he would be successful. The dude knew how to manage a team. At this point I think thats all he would really be good for, but you give him Cam Cameron as OC and Mike Nolan as DC and he goes 11-5

13. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

step one.... put a hole in the box

step two...... put your junk in the box

step three..... make her open the box.... and thats way you do crap.... its my c**k in a box....

thats how you fix the cowboys

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i just heard dan patrick mention

Cowher.....Gruden......and Holmgren......thats one i hadnt heard but what do guys think.....

if we traded witten it would be so unpopular kinda like the Hershcell walker trade

15. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Here's one answer

[​IMG]

16. Omen

yup i agree i like the JIM Mora JR put it Mike J committed treason......and that continues cut him and cut him fast

17. what exactly did Jenkins do?

18. Omen

19. :eek: dang that isn't right.

20. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Haven't posted in months, and the 7 steps not including booze are not steps I'm taking