Al Davis Favors Raiders QB Jason Campbell As The Starter

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis likes quarterback Jason Campbell. So much so he has expressed to coach Tom Cable his desire for Campbell to remain the Raiders starting quarterback for the foreseeable future, according to a report from the San Jose Mercury News citing multiple sources. "Mr. Davis likes what Jason has done the past month and doesn't see the need to change when things are going well," a person familiar with the situation told the newspaper. "He thinks Jason is a classic fit for the Raiders style of play." Campbell's accuracy on deep balls has also impressed Davis, another source said. Campbell opened the season as the starter after being acquired in a draft-day trade from Washington. That lasted all of six quarters before he was benched in favor of Bruce Gradkowski at halftime of the home opener against St. Louis in Week 2.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
  2. This makes Cable's decision a whole lot easier....

1 person likes this.
  3. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Great OZ has spoken.

4. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Davis is pretty biased to whoever beats the Chiefs. I saw this coming a mile away.

1 person likes this.
  5. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Not really surprised, and I think even Cable was leaning this direction. Either way, I'm happy to not have a QB controversy. Bruce is good, but he has not proven he has the accuracy to be a deep threat.

The Chiefs have the same style of offense, and Cassell doesn't seem to have that strong of an arm either... Makes it easier to man up on WR and stack up against the run.

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Of course he does Campbell has a rocket arm

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Hmm. I thought the head coach made those decisions.