Steelers Vs Packers: Super Bowl XLV Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 23, 2011.

?

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLV?

1. Green Bay Packers

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. Pittsburgh Steelers

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
  1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm pulling for the Pack since I'm an NFC guy, sick of the Steelers success, and because Green Bay eliminated the Eagles.

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

lol, the Bearsfans picking against the Pack, bc they eliminated the Bears

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So you want the team that eliminated your team to win? Ah, the old "well if my team lost at least it was to the eventual champs" idea.

That idea stinks and I don't like it.

4. DawkinsINT

Yup. I will justify it in my mind that the Eagles were the 2nd best team in football. :lol:

5. SRW

Yeah, who am I kidding....I know I'd have to spin it that way too if I could. :icon_redface:

6. DawkinsINT

I seriously don't think that if the Packers win by 6 or more that it makes the Eagles the 2nd best team in the NFL, but it makes it a fun game in my mind to keep the Iggs involved. :lol:

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

damn....in a few hours we gotta pass the torch [​IMG]

8. SRW

Hold on all you can SF1972.....here's one last look just for you:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7LtGOQ6ygs]YouTube - Saints win Super Bowl XLIV (Henderson's call)[/ame]

9. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Gotta go with the Steelers. Not sure why everyone is jumping on the Packers bandwagon. The AFC was clearly stronger this season. Steelers have the experience as well. I'm not sure it'll be that close. Steelers 30 Packers 16.

10. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Dude..crowned how can you continue sayting that pouncey out is not going to be key...when raji is knifing through the middle all day you'll see why this is a problem..i understand your point but if your offense cant keep your defense off the field your defense wont be able to stop anything. These problems are equally key if you ask me.

11. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Right...cuz the packers didnt almost beat the patriots with a second string qb...we never trailed ANYONE by more than 7 points all season..we played tough teams. Green bay will put up much more of a fight then allowing 30 points to the steelers offense..lolz

12. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

They were a 6 seed in the inferior conference. Pittsburgh is the 2 seed in the superior conference. I'm not saying the Packers suck, they clearly don't. I just think Pitt should win this game comfortably.

13. DawkinsINT

You probably thought the same way when the Giants beat the Patriots.

14. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Yep, no doubt.

15. DawkinsINT

It's almost a half hour until kick-off. Butterflies in the stomachs of Steelers and Packers fans have been elevated...

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Don't ask...

17. SRW

According to reports it's anarchy outside of the stadium with all the messes thanks to the coordination of the NFL.

Meanwhile I am enjoying the show on my comfy couch.....take that Jerry World.

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Man I hope this game is as good as the Pro Bowl.

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:shocker:
    Whoever has the Over on Aguilera's Star Spangled Banner just won.

20. SRW

Just keep this in mind when you think about how nice it is inside the stadium. Outside? It's more like a bunch of pissed off people who got hecked one way or another. Not a good showing by Jerry Jones and the NFL. As Sweets said, you best believe Indy and New York are taking notes. Because right now?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWv53OJ-ydI&feature=related]YouTube - Planet of the Apes - It's a Madhouse![/ame]