Redskins Unsure About NT Albert Haynesworth's Future

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Feb 26, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, who spent much of 2010 in wars of wills with his richest players, quarterback Donovan McNabb and defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, has still declined to reveal whether either is definitely finished in Washington although the former ended the season third-string and the latter on suspension. Haynesworth's future with the team is unclear especially after two alleged off-field incidents to his resume since the season ended. Shanahan said, "You never really know" about Haynesworth's future in Washington. "Albert right now is appealing a four-game suspension," said Shanahan, to whom Haynesworth declined to speak when the suspension ended after the season finale. "He's had a couple alleged instances he's got to take care of." Asked if he has talked to Haynesworth during the offseason, Shanahan replied, "You guys don't remember he wouldn't talk to me? That's one of the reasons he got suspended."

Source:
    NFL Fanhouse

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  2. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Dont care what his future is as long as it is not in Washington

3. SRW

I take solace in knowing the Titans were able to get the best out of him. He played best when he was mad and chasing the big fat contract. If he ever does wind back up in Tennessee I doubt he'd even come close to being what he once was.

But....Haynesworth....if he were let go somehow I think the best spot for him would be in Philadelphia. Jim Washburn is there and he kicked his butt when he was in Tennessee and they need help inside.

4. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Yea think we said it at the time SRW that the only reason he was playing that well was because he would be getting the big contract after that season

:violent04:

5. SRW

And what a monster he was when that was going down.....

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/09000d5d80eb165e/2008-Best-of-Albert-Haynesworth]NFL Videos: 2008: Best of Albert Haynesworth[/ame]

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's actually hard to believe that it's the same player...

7. Franchise 5

Franchise 5 Rookie

He needs to find a place where he wants to play.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

He just needs to shut up and play where ever he lands...

The guy that was in Washington was no where near the guy that was in Tennessee. Not even the same league...

9. Franchise 5

Franchise 5 Rookie

The league should get together and make him sit as a FA for a while until he changes.