Eagles DE Brandon Graham Says Teammate Asked Him For $100k Loan

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

With the possibility of a lockout appearing more and more likely as the Mar. 3 deadline to reach a new CBA agreement approaches, concerns about how NFL players will manage their money during a work stoppage have emerged. Stories like the one Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham told the Philadelphia Sports Daily on Monday won’t help ease those fears. Graham revealed he had numerous teammates in need of money approaching him for a loan last season, including one for as much as $100,000. “They try not to make it awkward. They’ll come to you like they’re joking, but they’re serious,†Graham said. “They’re trying to feel you out, to see what you’ll say.†Graham added that he wisely avoided the sticky situation. “I’ll be like, ‘What are you going to do with it, other than blow it?’†Graham said. “I don’t want to be beefing with guys on my team because they owe me money.â€

Source: Football News Now

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Smart don't want to have to pull a Gilbert arenas on their asses

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Smart man.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

no doubt it was nick cole looking for money to pay off his grocery bill.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. 86WARD

86WARD -

This is probably going on around every team...

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Not really. Its just me in disguise

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

this was a topic of discussion on philly sports talk stations yesterday and people were talking about how this was something graham should've kept to himself. well naturally when you have CBA negociations going on there is going to be a certain degree of posturing displayed by both sides. this was simply an example of that.