NFL Scout Says He Would Choose LSU CB Patrick Peterson Over Darrelle Revis

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Wes Bunting of the National Football Post has spoken with a scout who says he would take LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson over Darrelle Revis if forced to choose. Draft season is littered with hyperbole, but this might be the boldest statement of the year thus far. Peterson is a rare prospect, but to expect any young player to play up to the the level of somebody like Revis, either right off the bat or in the future, is unfair. Equalling Revis' play is Peterson's best-case scenario, not a probability.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
  2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Peterson was pretty good but he did get beat some. More than you would think. He plays man like a beast, struggles in zone some. But most corners struggle at that position. Pretty tough to play. Wish he was coming back one more year.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Wes Bunting is one of the worst scouts in the business then.

Revis is a top 3 cornerback that has proven his game at the pro level. Peterson had a great collegiate career, but so have a few other players that never panned out in the NFL.

Wes is either getting paid by Peterson's agent or is a complete dumbbutt.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah, proven NFL talent vs unproven college kid? No freaking question.

5. I don't think this is anything to do with Bunting just whatever stupid scout he talked too.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Ahh misread that.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

revis wasnt that great of a prospect, i wasnt really high on him. peterson has elite measurables to be an all pro CB or a hall of fame caliber FS. so when talking about them as the same point in time, id take peterson 10/10 times, hes probably the best CB prospect ive seen in my lifetime. talking about them now though that would be dumb...peterson could bust hard and never be anything more than a PR

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

You missed out on the great ones.......prospects that is

The golden age of CB prospects in the late 90's (Springs,Westbrook, Woodson, Champ) I would rate only Woodson as a better prospect then Petterson. And even thats debatable

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

ridiculous statement. Who would choose an unproven rookie over a proven shutdown corner. This is laughable.

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

woodson i KINDA remember, but that was michigan woodson not nfl draft prospect woodson.

best CBs ive seen id say were d-hall and pacman, peterson is definitely better as a prospect than those two, he actually would make a run for the best DB ive ever seen period which would go Berry, Taylor, Peterson