Cris Collinsworth Believes Bengals Will Likely Deal QB Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by SRW, Jun 17, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

NBC Sunday Night Football analyst Cris Collinsworth said on NFL Network's The Rich Eisen Podcast on Thursday night that he feels that Carson Palmer is done in Cincinnati. "I think Carson's finished here for a lot of reasons -- A) I know that the movers were at his house the other day. … At the very least, (head coach) Marvin Lewis is ready to move on," Collinsworth told Eisen. However Collinsworth also opined that Bengals owner Mike Brown will ultimately trade Palmer despite widespread speculation that he will force the top pick of the 2003 draft to make good on his retirement threats rather than give him a one-way ticket out of the Queen City. Obtaining TCU QB Andy Dalton in Round 2 of the draft might make exporting Palmer more palatable to Brown. "Mike's a businessman, and I think Mike Brown is probably the guy that is holding up the idea that Carson Palmer is going to be traded -- A) he doesn't like somebody to dictate terms to him in the way that Carson has done it," said Collinsworth. "But now with the drafting of a quarterback, I think that Mike will get what he can for Carson Palmer, and I do think there's going to be some interest."

Source: USA Today

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

At this point in his career and what Palmer is mentally, he's probably got similar value to Jordan...seriously. Lol...

3. DBR96A

DBR96A College-educated broke-ass bitch

My prediction: Carson Palmer gets traded to the Cardinals. Palmer said he wanted to play for a team in the West so he could be closer to home (California). The Cardinals are in desperate need of a QB, and this could be a good rehabilitation project. If it works, then the Cardinals could be regular playoff contenders, and Palmer would only need six hours on I-10 to visit family.

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I think the Bengals should continue to let Palmer rot on their bench until his contract is up.

As the Bengals are my 2nd favorite team and this guy is a lying hypocritical snitch, let him rot.

5. soopacee

soopacee Rookie

though it sounds tempting, you gotta think about the money being wasted and it could be used elsewhere....preferably to a QB thats wants to play and play good

but im a Titans fan so, if he doesnt end up here, i could care less where he goes lol

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

But that's how the Bengals operate...

7. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I doubt he gets them much. His play the last few years hasn't been good. His play has been pretty average the Cards need more then that to be a playoff contender.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree. He's been awful the last couple years and I think his days as a starter in this league are pretty much done.