David Tyree Would Trade His Catch To Stop Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Jun 20, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Former Giants receiver David Tyree once told ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap that Tyree underwent an exorcism to cure demonic possession. Some might now say it’s time for a tune up. Tyree continues his crusade against same-s*x marriage, telling the New York Daily News that he’d be inclined to trade one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history to prevent men from legally marrying other men. “The catch was a gift, it’s not like I’d try to do it. I couldn’t do it again so that was a miracle,†Tyree told Kenneth Lovett of the Daily News. “There’s nothing worth more than [maintaining heterosexual marriage] right here for me.†So we he trade the catch for, um, a block? “Honestly, I probably would.†Tyree then elaborated on his point. “Nothing means more to me than that my God would be honored,†Tyree said. “Being the fact that I firmly believe that God created and ordained marriage between a man and a woman, I believe that that’s something that should be fought for at all costs. “So I’ll lay down everything I am to preserve the honor and integrity of the God that I serve.â€

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Wow shut the heck up butthole

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Trading one football play for upholding your personal beliefs makes you an butthole?

4. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Without that play, the Giants lose. So, he'd trade his and his teams Super Bowl victory to block same s*x marriage. Yep, he's an butthole.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Hmmmm

Starting to sound like a jilted lover.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I dont think hes an butthole some people just have really strong beliefs and he thinks its wrong which it is.

7. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

He is a douchebag, as much for the fact he said it as for the fact he believes it.l

8. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

its quotes like these that make me wish players could walk on the field play and then walk off without being herd from. this is the kind of thing for political and religious leaders to debate and discuss. not football players

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

What a freaking piece of irrelevant, intolerant, ignorant garbage. He and his god can go heck themselves

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Religion - A socially accepted cult

11. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

No believing that all people don't deserve the same human rights makes him an butthole

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I know those are his beliefs but its hard for me to believe that he would rather stop gay marriage then keep his catch in the superbowl. He was up here in New York at the Capitol with all the pro testers

13. ball in the baskett

I think his comments were a bit strong trading something like that but hes not wrong. Imo whats next are we gonna allow people to start marrying animals? Hey if you guys say its your human right. People may bash me but i think 2 men getting married is just plain wrong and shouldent be allowed it sends the wrong message. Why have kids see this kind of thing and people tell them its ok when its not. Saying people have human rights and should be able to marry who they want then i guess a man can marry a chicken if you go by that logic but is it right no.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

What about two women Baskett?

15. ball in the baskett

They shouldent get married but im not gonna lie i would be quicker to accept 2 good looking girls being gay then 2 dudes. Still dont think they should get married though because it sends the wrong message.

16. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol.

i kinda hope he dies in a fire, and i couldnt give a crap one way or another about gay marriage.

17. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Dude is completely wrong and all the intolerant butt holes in America are freaking wrong. This was stupid, he is a piece of crap and he should die and burn in hell.

Who gives a damn if your straight or gay, I am 100% straight, I plan on marrying a Bisexual girl in a couple years, my best friend is gay, and her best friend is transgender.

WHO GIVES A DAMN. If she wanted to marry a girl and I wanted to marry a guy why should we be stopped. We ain't sending anyone the wrong message. The fact is there are gay people and there are straight people it doesn't matter if you see two men get married you are either straight or gay and nothing changes that so heck all these intolerant asses.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wow...what kind of scene will that wedding be? I need an invite to that mess Drag. I'll pay my own way...lol.

Again, an example of a guy who should keep his thoughts to himself.

19. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Its the story of my life, I am friends with nothing but awesome people. Most of whom turned out to have something deemed "weird" by society.

I love my friends and my life though lol. You can come 86, I'll get you an invite :)

20. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

This.