Steelers Release Statement On LB James Harrison

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II issued a brief statement Wednesday afternoon following the controversial comments made by Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison. "I have not yet seen the article in Men's Journal nor have I spoken to James Harrison about his comments. We will discuss the situation at the appropriate time, when permitted once the labor situation is resolved."

Source: ESPN

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

In other words, the steelers will not stand by yet another comment made by one of their slaves..err players. They need to get this lockout resolved so they can get back to using those whips.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yep. Nice long line outside of masa's office. I hope the Rooney's slap these idiots literally...just shut the heck up and use your head.

But then again...

4. DBR96A

DBR96A College-educated broke-ass bitch

Personally, I'd like to see Mike Tomlin organize a little pow-wow on the first day of training camp, where he asks everybody if they have anything to say about things that happened last season, and also asks if anybody has a problem with any of their teammates before they go popping off to the media.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I heard the picture from the article has Harrison holding guns...lol. He's asinine, clueless, idiotic and irresponsible.

You really have to be dumb to pose holding guns with everything else that is going on in the league. His mouth and conduct has been ridiculous.

I'd like to see Harrison disciplined some how by the league or the Steelers. Just for being a moron.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He's probably the dumbest man in all of sports. I doubt there's a close second.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes the best overall LB in the NFl, could play any LB position on any scheme....youd love to have him, dont lie.

[​IMG]
    BOOM BABY

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's definitely a candidate for it. No doubt and he's the odds on favorite. I think the Steelers will drop the hammer on him and give him his due punishment.

One of the main problems I have with the comments on Roethlisberger and Mendenhall is that they were premeditated statements. It's not like this interview took place 24 hours after the game when he was still riding the emotional roller coaster. It's 6 months later...lol.

He's just dumb...literally. Love him on the field though!!

9. K Train

yeah literally uneducated and completely talks nonsense and talks out of line in things he has no business saying.

they should suspend him for the first offensive drive of game one, but let him play the first defensive one, and make him play special teams

oh wait, he already does

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Terrell Suggs laughed after hearing Harrison's comments on Goodell. He also wouldn't disagree with Harrison's comments. He would only say he wouldn't talk about his teammates the way Harrison did.

On Harrison's comments about Goodell: "Those two have history so you have to look at why James is saying that about Roger. I don't think that every case regarding player conduct in the NFL that Roger has handled every case in the NFL the best that he could but he's human and when your human, that leaves room for error."

"But between those two, they definitely have some bad blood there but you'd have to ask James. I don't think (Roger's) handled every situation the best or fairly so to say but it is what it is."

On Harrison getting suspended by the Steelers or the league: "He shouldn't get suspended by his team, he shouldn't get suspended by either. You got the right to say what you want. It's a free country and that's freedom of speech, that's his opinion and he's entitled to that."

11. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I don't think he should be suspended based on comments. He should keep his ignorance hidden as much as possible, but nonetheless. I do look for Goodell to watch Harrison closer than ever this season now. lol

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Another idiot that thinks freedom of speech means freedom from consequences for saying dumb crap.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!

Sports is filled with them...

14. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Why does everybody only remember just brian cushing failing a drug test, there was a lot of players that failed for ped's last year. Like dwayne brown & a bunch of others, it sounds like harrison seen him on the field but they've never played each other.

15. K Train

dwayne brown wasnt rookie of the year though.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

thank you.

freedom of speech simply means harrison can't be tied to the back bumper of an f-150 and drug all through pittsburgh for his comments.