Settlement On New CBA "On Fast Track"

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 14, 2011.

1. According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, a settlement of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement is now on the "fast track." Albert Breer of NFL Network hears Thursday will be a late night of ongoing talks, with 12 hours already in the books. At the current pace, ESPN's Chris Mortensen estimates a final agreement could be reached in 24-48 hours. Two hurdles have been cleared with the rookie salary scale and arbitration system overhauled. Still on the agenda: retirees benefits and this year's free agency rules. The best guess on the latter is a three-day exclusive negotiating window with no rights of first refusal.

Source: Chris Mortensen: Twitter.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Don't toy with me Mort...don't freaking do it...:banghead:

3. DBR96A

DBR96A College-educated broke-ass bitch

Don't heck it up.

4. It could finally end today Ward........:icon_cheesygrin:

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea these reports are finally starting to get a little more uniform. It's actually starting to look better and better.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

July 15th has been the target date all along...so let's hope...

7. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Part of me thinks the whole lockout/negotiating of the new CBA is just marketing. Fans are paying more attention this off-season then the last three years all together.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I have been paying alot less attention to everything football related other then lockout progress...mostly cause there has been so little. With free agency and OTAs I definitely am more interested and pay more attention. I might not even play FF this year.

9. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I'm expecting to hear loud yells from all around when this thing is announced to be officially over.