Lions QB Matthew Stafford Predicts He'll Play All 16 Games This Year

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Jul 14, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

For the Detroit Lions to make the kind of ambitious progress they believe is possible this season, the first thing it’s going to take is some durability from Matthew Stafford. The No. 1 overall pick in 2009 has had difficulty staying on the field and missed most of last season with a separated right shoulder that eventually required surgery and led teammate Zack Follett to label him a “china doll.†Stafford is healthy and ready to go when the labor situation is finally resolved. And he’s thinking big, or at least that’s what he told NFL.com. “I’m going to play all 16 (games),†Stafford predicted. That would represent three more games than he played in his first two seasons combined. It would give the Lions just what they’re looking for, just what they need. “I won’t alter my playing style at all,†Stafford said. “Injuries happen, that’s part of the game. But as far as mental hurdles go, I feel great right now. I’m sure the first hit, when I get up from it and feel great, will bring a lot of confidence to me and I’ll get the ball rolling from there.â€

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Better chance:

Lions win 16? Stafford plays 16?

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

He intends to play in every game. Wow.

Now that's the type of commitment that makes a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well I doubt it because his line still sucks the fat c**k.

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

lol

no way he plays all 16

6. DBR96A

DBR96A College-educated broke-ass bitch

He should have said, "You know, I think I'm only gonna start 15 games this season, because once we earn a first-round bye for the playoffs, there'll be nothing left to play for, so coach will probably let me rest for the last game of the season. What a merry Christmas that'd be!"

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

He should focus on getting through the first 8..then worry about the last.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Or start with Week One...

9. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

That works, as well.