Broncos Believed They Made Mistake On RB Knowshon Moreno After 2009 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 14, 2011.

1. According to Woody Paige of the Denver Post, ex-Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels and the staff believed privately they made a big mistake on running back Knowshon Moreno after the 2009 NFL Draft. "He was not what they thought," Paige said. "He hasn't been tough, smart, motivated, if that's what you're asking. He has been a bust. I've said it before. He's not a great clubhouse guy. Interpret that how you want, and he's been a wimp on the field." John Fox is bringing back the zone blocking, and Moreno is not a one-cut back who will go against the grain, or, at least, he hasn't been, and he doesn't get into the secondary fast. They need another running back bad, and Fox, in our three-hour conversation last week, said running back is the priority, along with defensive tackles, in free agency.

Source: Denver Post

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
  2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Burn!!!!!!!!
    He hasn't lived up to the hype.

3. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Called it when they drafted him that he was a major reach.

There's really nothing terrific about Moreno, and I guarantee that if Shanahan were still the coach, he'd never have drafted him. An RB like Moreno is a dime a dozen.

4. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Agreed. Dime a dozen RB

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah that one stings, because so far there's been a crapload of nice players to come out of that draft.

6. DontKnowMe

I remember some of the criticism now that they got for drafting him when they needed help on defense.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they make a mistake with moreno, ayers, alphonso smith, tim tebow, and demaryius thomas....

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

and mcdaniels

9. K Train

in morenos defense he was a really hard, angry runner in college, that doesnt really translate to the pros though unless your adrian peterson and run like the grass is pissing you off all the time

10. DBR96A

DBR96A College-educated broke-ass bitch

I live in Georgia Bulldog country. Knowshon Moreno was the talk of the town a few years ago. It's sad to see that he's flopped in the NFL.

By the way, I hate it when people pronounce his last name like "Marino" instead of "mor-RAY-no" like it's supposed to be.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I actually thought Moreno would be pretty good. I missed on that one.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Funny how most in this thread saw this all coming down.

He was a badass in college and I was hoping the Eagles got him. This was obviously before we got Shady. Injuries sure haven't helped his career.

13. K Train

i just didnt see the hype in him, he wasnt exactly a world beater of a prospect. eagles would have been a good fit for him though, i remember that debate of him vs wells for the eagles

14. DontKnowMe

So, where is he going to be playing this season?

15. K Train

he'll still be their starter, they traded away hillis and now they have a bunch of bums behind him (maroney, buckhalter (still i think?), and some UDFAs that names i forget)

he was not worth 12 imo, but hes probably the best pick out of him, tebow, thomas, and ayers

16. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

They could/might still go after DeAngelo Williams though, right? I'd be surprised if they don't try to bring somebody in to take a decent amount of Moreno's carries, even if it's not in a starting role.

17. K Train

with john fox its definitely possible..thats actually a pretty decent 1-2 punch

18. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

So if McDaniels says "Moreno wasn't what they thought" then that means he's good right?