Dolphins Interested In QB Kyle Orton

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Sweets, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne has come under fire and the Dolphins are looking for a quarterback to compete with Henne. With the news that the Broncos have put Kyle Orton on the trading block, they might have a buyer. Dave Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the first Dolphins call will be to Denver to survey the cost for quarterback Kyle Orton, according to a source. The Broncos are seemingly willing to part with Orton for a second round pick according to previous reports.

Source: theredzone.org

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
  2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

A 2nd is way to high.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dolphins have given a 2 for less than Orton. But I agree...a 3 would be fair IMO.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah don't remind me of Culpepper or Feeley. I would give up Chrowder and a 5th maybe a 4th for him.

5. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

About time they got a real QB instead of a mediocre one, I just don't rate Orton that highly.

6. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Orton is better then what they have now. I just don't see them finishing better than third in that division.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Orton holds some weight in the trade bring that he only has one year left in his deal. Why would he go somewhere like Miami to "compete" when he could go to Arizona, Washington, Seattle and start?

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Orton is young (28) and is a very capable QB. A team that plans to keep the same OC or same playbook for a few years will get a steal with a 3rd round trade. 2nd is kinda pushing it.. But if I was a team like the 49ers, Miami or Arizona I would take that chance. but then again.. I am not a GM. lol

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Orton should have a little say on it because he is in the last year of his deal. If he doesn't want to at somewhere, I doubt a team trades for him, uses his services for a year and let's him bail. I think where ever he goes (same with Kolb,) they'll get a deal after August 5th...