Jets Re-Sign WR Santonio Holmes To A Five-Year, $50M Deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jul 27, 2011.

1. The New York Jets addressed the No. 1 item on their free-agent list, coming to terms Wednesday morning with wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to a league source. The deal is for five years and $50 million with $24 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. That's the highest guarantee ever given to a wide receiver. After serving a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, Holmes made an immediate impact with the Jets, making huge plays in the final minute of three consecutive games last November. This move isn't without risk, as Holmes is one strike away from a one-year suspension by the league.

Source: ESPN New York

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
  2. More info in a few.......this should all but confirm Braylon Edwards is a goner.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Edwards pretty much confirmed that via his Twitter page.

Holmes left money on the table to sign with the Jets cause of Sanchez...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  4. Article updated.....deal could be worth up to $50M.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

:-(

</3

6. Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

7. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Hopefully the Jaguars step up and maybe go after Braylon Edwards then. I'll be annoyed if we don't even make an attempt.

8. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

5 year 50 mill, wow, now thats a joke, seriously

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Meh...gotta see how it breaks down. It's only $24M guaranteed.

10. No Asomugha..Jet fans

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Dont be so sure. The cap has been, is and always will be a Joke

The Cowboys were 18 over. We can easily get 30 under without killing ourselves

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

this is a great signing for the Jets. Now i don't think they will hold onto Braylon Edwards. But I think Holms is a better receiver anyways