Patriots Acquire WR Chad Ochocinco For Two Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by Litez0ut, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

The New England Patriots on Thursday worked out a trade with Cincinnati to acquire wide receiver Chad Ochocinco for two late-round draft picks, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported. Ochocinco, who had one year and $6 million left on his Bengals contract, reportedly agreed to a new three-year deal to facilitate the trade to New England. The six-time Pro Bowler had not been shy in relaying his fondness for New England head coach Bill Belichick, saying last year Belichick "has a lot of respect for me in my game and I have a lot of respect for him in everything he's done as a coach. "We just became really close and fond of each other's work," Ochocinco added. "He's one that I look up to tremendously, one that I've never played for, but I show the same respect as if he was my own head coach."

Source: FOXSports.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

They are loading up... WOW

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Not as excited for this as I am for Haynesworth, but I'm still interested to see how Ocho does and how BB uses him.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Hes getting up there in age but with the pats he should be alright

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

But they won't trade Carson? lol...

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Patriots winning the Super Bowl.

8. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Great move by the Patriots. Bungles better pray that AJ Green performs out his skin.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Because they added Haynesworth who will still be in a 3-4 and Ochocinco?

:groan:

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like this move...the Steelers dominate Ocho...could help if they meet in the playoffs...lol.

11. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

good move that gives them a lot more flexibility.

12. Crowned

How's it going to help when Tom Brady easily hangs 30 on the Steelers same scheme he slices and dices every time.

13. Crowned

Haynesworth will see plenty of 4 man front opportunities, Ocho has never had a qb close to Tom Brady's caliber. Alot of their starters were only in their first year last season. Another off-season under their belt should only help unless you're believing in sophmore slumps.

Not to mention everyone else is coming back and they were 2 games away from the Super Bowl. Patriots aren't a bad pick. "Groan".

14. This is bad news for everyone!!! Haynesworth and Ocho in the same day..Very big FA day for the Pats!!!

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This. Brady owns the Steelers.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

He usually has 4-5 guys to throw to. Now he'll only has 3-4 seeing that Ike owns Ocho...lol. So maybe Brady only hangs 21 on the Steelers...:laughy32:

17. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Man I wish the Niners were run like the Pats man. They do crap right year after year. They just win and win consistantly every damn season. I would be happy if my team produced like the Pats. They have put a superbowl contender on the field for so many damn years now it's just silly. Two franchises I admire are the Pats and Packers with how they run their operations.