Eagles Sign Free Agent QB Vince Young To A 1-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by SRW, Jul 29, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Various reports late Thursday night say that Young, who was just cut loose earlier in the day by the Titans, will sign a one-year deal with the Eagles once he clears waivers, as expected. Young is expected to report to Lehigh, Pa. on Friday, although post-lockout rules prevent Young from taking part in practice until Aug. 4. The former National Championship-winning quarterback Young has had a mixed-bag career in the NFL, with a winning record (30-17 as a starter) yet also with mediocre passing numbers (42 TDs, 42 INTs). The talented runner and thrower did win Rookie of the Year in 2006, making the Pro Bowl that season as well as in 2009, when he won eight of his 10 starts.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
  2. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

He really disappointed me with this decision. I'm not going to believe it till tomorrow when he actually signs.:word50:

3. Did not see that coming...

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I like it. Would've rather had a two year deal, but you take what you can get.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i hate them so much

7. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

nice move. solid backup. with same ability as vick so if he does go down we can still do our thing.

8. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Ya exactly, hes basically the same type of player...id put money on him playing at some point in the season.

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Me either.

10. eaglesrule4ever

haha, so will i.

11. K Train

same ability as vick is a joke just cause he has some wheels on him and can run.

they managed to get rid of kolb for a huge profit and then upgrade their backup position for nothing. pr**ks

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cause he's black.

Agree...all around the Eagles QB situation is better.

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

They should make a trick play having those 2 on the roster

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

as long as he brings his heart here he will do fine.

15. eaglesrule4ever

what make him and vick so different? young isnt as fast but has all the potential vick had coming out of college, vick just delivered and young hasnt delivered yet but has showed the potential in the past.

16. K Train

vick is easily 5 inches shorter, 30 pounds lighter, with probably 1.5x the arm strength, and 10x the elusiveness

vince young has won a lot of games, he just fell out of favor in tennessee....imo hes much much much better than kolb will ever be.

young was like 30-14 as a starter, but i guess cause hes black he equals michael vick.

hes not a good fit for the offense but he went to an awesome spot for him where he will likely get some playing time and maybe find a real job next season

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

and k-train's manlove for vince young continues.

18. K Train

its funny cause i never liked vince young in the draft, thought it was awesome he beat USC in the NC but never really liked him, definitely liked cutler and leinart more that year...but damn i think people are hard on him.

but i seriously think its laughable for someone to think "well thats good, now if vick gets hurts young can step in and pick up where he left off" thats horsecrap....hes an upgrade over kolb though

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

"Those type of QBs" are all the same. Except for McNabb...he's more the "John Elway Type.". Minus the talent.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

i disagree that young is an upgrade over kolb and a big reason is he doesnt know this offense and has shown to be a snitch when things dont go his way. he won't be on a team that has a chris johnson to pull the safties into the box. opposing defense expect the eagles to pass and i think he may be an int machine unless he can adjust.

still, probably the best "available" option out there at this point.