Bears To Sign Ex-Cowboys WR Roy Williams

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Jul 29, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Free agent wide receiver Roy Williams will sign with the Chicago Bears, Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports. Williams was released by the Dallas Cowboys in a cost-cutting move on Thursday. The 29-year-old former first-round pick out of the University of Texas has 356 receptions for 5,208 yards and 42 touchdowns during his seven-year career with the Detroit Lions (2004-08) and Cowboys. At 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, Williams gives the Bears, and quarterback Jay Cutler, a bigger target to throw to. The top three wide receivers on the team -- Johnny Knox, Devin Hester, and Earl Bennett -- are all under 6-foot tall.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well... it gives them the size. Just don't expect a lot and you won't be that disappointed. This guy has been a let down in the league since day one.

3. This free agency has been one big fail for the Bears so far..I'm so sick and tired of this team depending on the defense to win games! When are they going to wake the heck up and invest some big money in that offense,this crap is a joke!

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Well on the bright side he did heave his best year with martz....

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

so getting rid of olsen and getting roy makes the team better?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Martz' offense doesn't require size...lol. It also doesn't require a TE.

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Roy had his best years with Martz.. I doubt he will make a Pro bowl or anything, but i believe he will do well..

And a little side note.. Dallas Cowboys.com are saying Sam Hurd is going with Roy to the Bears.. That will hurt on ST.. :(

I wish them both luck. :beer:

8. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

As has been stated a few times, he had his best season with Martz, its a great signing i think. He falls in my fantasy im taking him....

9. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

roy gonna have a 1000 yard season. hes gonna do good. bear fans will be happy with him.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

This, should be Cutlers #1 Target.

11. Yeah but the olny problem with that is his "good" year with Martz was like 5 years ago. When he was with Cowboys he dropped balls and buckled under pressure and he thought the presurre was bad in Dallas he has no idea what kind of pressure is coming his way if he signs with Chicago.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I probably would have said NO THANKS to signing Roy Williams IF Mike Martz wasn't our OC. I like the signing but all he needs to do is hang onto the ball when he catches it.

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Roy's attitude wasnt an issue. He tried his best. Just never got into the offense consitanly. Showed flash's, but never got into a rythem

14. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I'm wary of this move given that I've never like Roy and his best season was 5 years ago but obviously Mike Martz loves him and thinks he can get top shelf production out of Roy again. So I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best I guess.