Ryan Family Feud Breaks Out Over CB Nnamdi Asomugha

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The San Francisco 49ers have reportedly backed out of the bidding for the services of the All-Pro cornerback and with a new entrant in the derby it’s a two-team race, according to our friend Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network. Per Lombardi, Asomugha is being chased by the New York Jets, the favorite for the last few days, and the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Jones loves making a huge splash and he could do just that. There was speculation when the Cowboys slashed payroll by announcing many cuts that they could be in play for Asomugha, now, they are. Rex Ryan coaches the Jets and his brother Rob Ryan is the new defensive coordinator for the Cowboys.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think the bucs are still quietly in the mix

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Schefter says 80% Jets.

4. K Train

yeah that keeps changing dramitically...yesterday the bucs werent in the mix until they made a huge offer, and the cowboys werent in it til this morning.

i think the jets are driving his price up more than anything since no one wants to see him there

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The Bucs need to ante up. The last thing any of us wanna see is Revis and Asomugha on opposite sides, and I don't want to see this guy twice a year.

6. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Might as well put the Jets in the Super Bowl if they get Asomugha.

7. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

rather him be with the jets than the cowboys. my fingers are crossed for the jets which does not sound to good either.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Idk the nfl never works like that harder to predict

9. K Train

lolz

come on now, its not that simple anymore...even if they take away the top 2 WRs every play of every game...the pass rush is terrible and RBs, TEs and slot WRs can still have a field day.

i hope the jets make this move, i really do...and i hope they pay nnamdi more than revis so he throws a fit

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd love to watch the epic fail...again.

I say dress those two fat hecks up in sumo suits and let them go at it.

11. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Just watched on NFL network that the Jets just restructured 4 players contracts.. LT, Bart Scott, and two others they didn't mention. It is starting to look like the Jets are winning the battle. lol

One thing they keep bringing up..NY's state taxes.. Are they that bad? Cause Texas doesn't have the same tax structure as NY apparently. *shrugs*

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I read that that the boys are restructuring Romo Ware and Austin contracts also.... And i heard that technically we don't need. To restructure in order to sign him... But its being done. To also sign other players

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

13. Agent Zero

:beer:

I sure hope you are right.. Wow.. What a defense we will have if he signs. :)

14. Omen

Just rwad on another site that cowboys signed him iys a rumor.... They signed him. To 20 mil.... Way too much imo... I rather have cro

15. Agent Zero

I would love to have Cro.. Him, Newman and Jenkins would be nice.. And that would free up some cash to get the other Jenkins from GB.. I sure did miss football.. lol

16. Agent Zero

I think he is coming to Dallas.. Word is, Jerry and his son are fist bumping and giving each other high fives.. we may have Nnamdi.. damn.. this season may have hope after all. lol

17. Omen

Reas that thw jeta have dropped out od the raxe to aquire nmamdi

18. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

No state tax in Texas= more money in the athletes pocket...........In NY he would have to pay a ton of money in taxes thats why 14 million to NY is less then 12 million to TX

19. Agent Zero

I like our chances then... HAHAHAHA

20. Omen

Watching nfln and. No one kniwa what's going on with this guy.... Supposedly he wants to. Play in dallas