The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

asante to San francisco please you can have ol broken foot crabs

2. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

keep all 3 this season and trade samuels next season. we need 3 good cornerbacks for our division.
    nnamdi would make samuels so much better, all the balls would go samuels way getting him more chances for turnovers, he will have over ten if he stays in philly.

3. when they traded for DRC, i thought they was the pre-season faves, now they get Asomugha...well its pretty much cemented now...

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Congrats, Philly. Showin' why you're a great organization. But you've still got to score points. I think a field goal and safety will just about do it with this defense on the field. As a Cards fan, couldn't be happier for DRC playing along side Asomugha. I can easily see Samuel to AZ with DRC gone.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

im, fujckkinmg wasted anmd hapop0yu butt hell rtight now

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Source

7. Crowned

and now...

Source

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Eagles will play their usual game and be content to hang on to Samuel until a great offer comes in. If it doesn't, oh well...

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^ this......which makes me happy as hell :-)

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Well....the Cards have proven that they're willing to mortgage their future to fill a glaring void. And now that they have no-one, and I mean no-one at corner, bundling up draft picks + one player wouldn't be out of the question.
    And you're absolutely right. Philly has done a great job putting themselves in the driver's seat to the point they can just kick back and entertain offers until they get what they want.

11. Crowned

If they trade Asante for some value they easily had the best off-season in the league.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Can we go ahead and ship the lombardi to Philly. The season is pretty much a formality right?

13. Crowned

Eagles get Cullen Jenkins too and are still going to trade Asante for plenty of value. WTF

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Brilliant...can't say anything more than that...killing it...

15. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Cullen Jenkins........Holly S**t! I cannot believe how aggressive they are being this off-season

This is just incredible! by far the best off-season by any team in a very very long time.

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

freaking genius, and these deals aren't crazy overpaying deals either and not for guys past their prime. we are getting studs. The last couple days have been amazing. I wanted Jenkins, but never thought he was coming here. Nnamdi opened the door and now they are rolling in.

1 person likes this.
  17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

apparently we have a crapload of cap credits from last year so our cap is more than people think, oh yeah Banner told reporters not to leave, so this isn't over. I wouldn't be shocked to see Eagles sign Burress or more. WOOO HOOO

18. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Any player that is in FA right now has to be looking at the eagles and willing to get less just to get a ring by now with the sick additions

19. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Everyone keeps hoping for a linebacker, but I'm not sure they need one at this point. The front 4 improved with Washburn alone, but the Jenkins signing made it that much better.

And with secondary, if Asante stays, will be disgustingly unstoppable.

Those 2 areas might help the linebackers just enough to mask their faults.

And I wish people would quit worrying about Jackson. All I read over on the Eagles Message Board is "Yeah this is good, but what about JAackson?"

He has absolutely no leverage in contract talks. Yeah he will get paid, but it shouldn't be a priority for now.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Burress wouldn't be surprising at the rate the Eagles are going. Not at all...lol.