Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall Diagnosed With Borderline Personality Disorder

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Jul 30, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

After three months of treatment and therapy, psychological and neurological exams at Boston's McLean Hospital, the training ground for Harvard University medical students, Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall believes he's finally at the root of his struggles after being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, or BPD. "BPD is a well understood psychological disorder. It's not a form of misbehavior," said Mary Zanarini, a professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School, who treated Marshall this summer. BPD is a mental illness that studies say is more common than schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, but is rarely diagnosed because of misperceptions in the mental health community, and the challenges of providing a proper treatment plan. Marshall has informed the Dolphins of his diagnosis and said he is revealing his story with the goal of creating more awareness of BPD and advocating for better treatment and medical coverage for a treatment program that cost him $60,000. "By no means am I all healed or fixed," Marshall said, "but it's like a light bulbs been turned on in my dark room."

Source: Orlando Sentinel

2. That explains alot!

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I find this so hard to believe...I mean really?

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

:Loco:

"Borderline"

:Loco:

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I believe herschel walker has a similar disorder, but he knows how to recall his other personalities.

6. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

roses are red violets are blue i'm a schizophrenic and so am i

7. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Just an excuse.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

So he stabbed himself then?

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

No he stabbed his alter ego, Marshall Brandon.