Giants LB Jonathan Goff Out For The Season With Torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 6, 2011.

1. After losing three cornerbacks, defensive tackle Marvin Austin and backup linebacker Clint Sintim to season-ending injuries in the past month, the Giants will now be without their starting middle linebacker Jonathan Goff, who suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, according to someone informed of the injury. Someone else informed of the specifics of the injury, who also asked not to be named, said Goff knocked knees with a teammate in practice on Monday. He left to ice his knee, but was still having issues today, so he went for an MRI that revealed the full extent of the injury. The person said linebacker Kawika Mitchell is on his way for a visit and might be added to help fill the void created by the loss of Goff. Mitchell, 31, was with the Giants in 2007, though he played the weak side while Antonio Pierce manned the middle.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
  2. He banged his knees with another player in practice.......

Things just continue to not go our way.....but I am intrigued to see if Greg Jones gets the nod to start.

3. Kawika Mitchell will be brought in and possibly re-signed.......

4. Article updated........

5. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Damn that's really hecked up! Giants are getting pounded with injuries guess its karma for hurting all those QBs last year....nah just kidding!

That's gotta be a record what is it now 5 players in IR without a single reg season game played

6. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

wow our season just keeps taking bad turns. I see it being a long season for us Giant fans

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

The Packers had 15 players on IR when they won it all last year. Gotta stay positive dude. :beer:

8. They had the same amount when they won in 1996 too......

9. Dfence

Dfence Special Teamer

Including Training camp fodder (and not too many of them) it's 12 players on IR for the Giants so far.

Nearest next teams....Panthers with 8, 2 others with 7 and everyone else is 5 or less....

10. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Guess this year the injury bug has decided to stay with the Giants

11. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Giants should pass on Mitchell and take a look at Dhani Jones. Guy has had over 100 tackles each season over the past few years. Greg Jones has the ability and potential to be a good LBer for the Giants as well but it would have been a half a season before he was going to make any real impact for this team. Looks like that process will speed up.

12. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Next man up. I refuse to lower expectations with all the injuries. We still have a great core of players. I think our running game is going to be nasty this year.

13. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

This.

Some people are acting like Goff was Harry Carson or something. Greg Jones has a ton of potential and had a great camp

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You are going from a vet with experience in the system to a rookie with a little over a month in the system.

Trust me... it's a BIG DEAL.

15. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

It is a big deal, but Goff wasn't a freaking beast or anything. Greg Jones however is a freaking beast, the only thing he is lacking is the knowledge of the system, but hey whatever injuries have been plaguing us. We'll see what happens. Lots of players are getting a chance.