2014 Super Bowl Logo Features Snowflake

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Roger Goodell noticed the snowflake in icy blue-and-white, centered before the George Washington Bridge, during the debut of the logo for the 2014 Super Bowl. “I think that’s great,†the NFL commissioner said Tuesday. “A little snow would be great for us. But whatever comes our way, we’re going to be prepared for it.†The game at MetLife Stadium will be the first outdoor Super Bowl in a cold-weather venue. While the lowest Super Bowl kickoff temperature has been 39 degrees, average February temperatures at East Rutherford, N.J., are 24 to 40 degrees. “It’s football like it was meant to be played—in the open, exposed to whatever winter throws our way,†the new print advertising campaign for the game states. Goodell is hoping for light snow, and maintained the organizers will be prepared for foul weather. “We’re coming and playing in the winter, and I think that would be great,†he said. “Some of our most memorable games were played in unusual weather circumstances. Winter and cold are part of football, and snow is also.â€

Source: Associated Press

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like it better than some of the recent ones.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah, put Tampa, Miami, Houston, or San Diego in that Bowl and see how well the teams are represented in the stands.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Better than it's latest forerunners

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not crazy about how large the NY and NJ are though...

6. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I don't think that's the real SB logo, it's the host committee logo.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I had that feeling as well...