Bengals Trade QB Carson Palmer To Raiders For First, Second Round Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 18, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

*fixed

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Bengals got a great deal...

4. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

i think mike brown just trolled the raiders

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He trolled the Raiders and Carson Palmer.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gotta say that Brown is. Genius in this case! Word is Hue Jackson's relationship with Brown had a big play in this...

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

This is something Mike Brown had to do. The more Mike Brown didn't trade Palmer, the worse this was going to get. Now I think the Raiders just got their QB for the next few years.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

WTF? I guess Al Davis really isn't dead, he just needed more goats to sacrifice.

9. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

This is freaking awful 2 first rounders for a 31 year old that hasn't played all season? Awful

10. Chris Mortensen: Twitter.com

11. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Bengals could possibly become a playoff contender, with these extra draft picks. Wouldn't it be funny if Palmer hurt himself really bad, while getting back in playing shape? Raiders fans would be pissed. I'd just laugh

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

LOL raiders. worldwide learder in pick 6's

13. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

This was the right decision. Kind of surprised it took so long for Mr. Brown to let him go. Raiders wanted him before the season started. Granted the deal was not this sweet.

The Bengals wanted to do a 1st round and Curry who the Raiders just signed last week.

If the Raiders are to make a push for the playoffs this year they had to get a QB, Palmer is the best QB available. The 2nd best available is really not any better than Boller. So you do the deal.

Now I hope Oakland meets the Bengals in the playoffs.

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Bengals won't be in the playoffs.

15. Chris Mortensen: Twitter.com

16. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol they are locked into that second pick if carson is the QB in that potential playoff game

17. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

So it's a first and second rounder.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

No one would pay that price thats why. The Bengals found the one team in the world with a head coach "in charge" that was desperate for a QB. Brown took advantage of the Raiders...genius in a way...more luck though. Mike Lombardi says this deal doesn't happen with Al Davis alive.

Basically the Raiders gave up their entire 2012 draft for Carson Palmer, Jason Campbell and Terrelle Pryor.

19. You have to wonder if Pryor will be moved to TE in the near future if Palmer has a resurgence in Oakland............

20. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

This will be a great pick up for the Raiders! Not so good for Jason Campbell but they'll jump off that bridge when they get to it at the end of the season. Nice job Raiders!! I really hate to say this because I have the utmost respect for one of the founding fathers of the NFL but now that Al Davis is no longer running this organization things will only get better for the Raider Nation. It's no secret that he did things his way but that wasn't always the best way for the team. Not to fault him for it because Jerry Jones in Dallas has done the same thing with his team but he had the smarts to realize he was making poor choices and let his front office retake the reins. The Raiders will be a force to be reckoned with again and not the butt of jokes.