NFL Reviewing Fight Between Lions, Bears

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports the NFL is reviewing the fourth-quarter fight between the Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears that sent players from both benches streaming onto the field, a league spokesperson said.Several Lions said they expect fines to be doled out this week. “If you go out there and throw some blows, you’ve got to expect that FedEx letter in your locker,â€￾ receiver Nate Burleson said. According to the league’s fine schedule, the minimum fine for a first-time fighting offense is $25,000, with players who unnecessarily enter the fighting area and are actively involved in the altercation subject to a $5,000 penalty. Players who unnecessarily enter the fighting area and are not involved in the fight are subject to a $2,500 fine. Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford started the altercation when he flipped Bears cornerback D.J. Moore on his head by the back of his helmet while trying to fend off a block after his third interception of the game.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
  2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I just the highlights and Stafford pulled a snitch move by grabbing back of the helmet.

sent from my supercharged EVO

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He should be fined...

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Stafford 20000, Moore 5000-7500 for retaliating.

5. Matthew Stafford got his butt kicked..Lol

6. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Stafford is a lil snitch.

7. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Even the Lions fan knows that was a snitch move

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yes, I agree that DJ Moore should and will be fined but so should Stafford for starting the whole thing and doing what he did to DJ Moore. If Stafford isn't fined, that is 100% pure BULLCRAP.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i had stopped watching this game long before this happened so i didn't see it live but the Lions are really becoming unlikable. They keep claiming that they are just trying to strike 'fear' into oppossing teams but mostly what they're doing are acting like little snitches with the stuff they're doing.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Well, the Bears also now know that they can get in the Lions heads. :icon_cheesygrin: