Ravens RB Ricky Williams Informs Team Of His Retirement

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Sweets, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Running back Ricky Williams has informed the Baltimore Ravens that he is retiring, Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reports. Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk. com reports that Williams could change his mind later in the off-season. Williams, who turns 35 in May, signed a two-year contract with the Ravens after the lockout that included a $1.5 million base salary in 2012. In 16 games as the No. 2 back behind Ray Rice, Williams ran for 444 yards and two touchdowns with 13 receptions for 83 yards out of the backfield. Selected with the fifth overall pick of the 1999 NFL Draft out of Texas by the New Orleans Saints, Williams' interesting career has five 1,000-yard seasons, one Pro Bowl and All-Pro nod and an early retirement, multiple drug suspensions and a season-ending injury.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

now ricky can smoke all the weed he wants without the annoying drug tests .................. party at Ricky's house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He should do that as a job now..you know, smoke weed with people. I know I would pay money to smoke weed with Ricky.

But seriously, I was always a big fan of his. Loved the 30 for 30 about him, he's a really interesting person.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

:icon_cheesygrin:

6. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Pretty Ricky was a beast on NFL 2K5

7. CaptainStubing

hopefully ricky saved some money during his 2nd stint in the nfl .............. although i'm pretty much assuming he will file bankruptcy within a few years

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

good to see I wasnt the only one with taht exact thought process lol

9. CaptainStubing

dude doesn't exactly have a lot of common sense .............. i don't expect him to be real good with money

10. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

So in the next 3 years he'll be making another comeback? haha.

11. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I would definitely take the Iron Sheik up on that offer.