Giants WR Victor Cruz Hopes New-Found Stardom Brings New Contract

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Wide receiver Victor Cruz came out of nowhere to pile up a franchise-record 1,536 receiving yards last season, playing a big role in helping the New York Giants win Super Bowl XLVI. He hopes the encore is a new contract. Cruz entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2010, and as such made $405,000 in 2011 as part of a three-year rookie contract. Although the salsa-dancing Cruz has signed one contract -- a deal for marketing and endorsements with IMG -- it's a decent bet he's looking for another based on what he did on the field. "I can't control that stuff," Cruz told NFL Network about his contract situation. "I have to make sure I have the right people around me, right support staff, right agent ... to make those decisions. I'll take care of everything on the field." Cruz, who is scheduled to make $490,000 next season, hopes the contract situation is taken care of sooner rather than later. "I hope as soon as possible," he said. "I want to remain a Giant for a very long time."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Pay the man.. He has more than earned it.

3. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

along with JPP

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

the Giants need to pay this guy. he is worth every penny

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

A new contract is indeed in line for him he made me forget that we lost Steve Smith at all. Guy comes in and nobody even knows he is, now he draws double coverage on almost every play and people still can't cover him. Him and JPP are both in line for some fat contracts.