Female Voter’s “Personal Problem” With Cris Carter Kept Him Out Of Hall Of Fame?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Feb 11, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Many a theory has been put forth to explain why Cris Carter was once again snubbed for the Hall of Fame. One possibility: that Carter is being kept out of the Hall for some personal reason. Many have theorized that Carter’s prickly relationship with the press over the years might be playing a role. That notion gained more credibility today thanks to a tweet from Philadelphia radio host Howard Eskin. Eskin’s tweet reads, “WR Cris Carter didn’t make the Pro Football HOF I was told b cause female voter has personal problem w CC. Cost 4 votes. Missed by 1.â€￾ The female voter with the CC problem isn’t identified but only two women are listed as Hall of Fame voters at the present time: Nancy Gay of FoxSports.com and Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Source: The Viking Age

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Then they should find this female who has this problem and kick her out of her has a HOF voter.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He still owes he money for yay

4. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

So that's two people who have votes for the HOF that I've never heard about.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Why in the heck are women voting? Someone hurry and replace their suffrage with some suffering and get this guy in the Hall.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Sounds like a job for Jihad Joe p**is

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

So lemme get this straight....A man who is more than overdue for getting into the HOF hasn't because some woman has a personal problem with him? Why are women even voting on who gets into the HOF. No offense.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's horse crap that "writers" have the final say on who does and doesn't get in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Gay represents San Francisco...lol.
    Williams is an "At Large" voter.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the entire h.o.f. process is completely hecked up ........... i wrote an opinion piece on it for another site several years back and did a lot of research for it ................it's more of a beauty contest than even the pro bowl selections ........... it's extremely political and that's why i don't really care who does/doesn't make it because most of it is just bullcrap.

10. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

voters should be voting on the players/coach body of work....not media relationships.

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I read this morning that this year's inductees have 1 SB ring between them. Charles Haley has 5 SB rings, and he didn't get in. Go figure.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Although I agree Haley should be in but a SB ring shouldn't get you in Automactly. Then Trent Dilfer would be in and Rob Johnson etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Bias against Carter could be keeping him out of the Hall of Fame | ProFootballTalk

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Hall of Famers should be voting on who makes it into "their" HOF...

15. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

so it's like the MVP vote?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

The fact they have no say is a joke...I think they'd know a little something about their game...

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it's even worse. each team has a representative or 'salesperson' (usually a media member from that local market) and his/her job is to 'sell' everyone on 'why' the player or players who are eligible that year from that team should be elected to the hall of fame.

So, many of these borderline guys either get in or don't get in based upon who is presenting their case and how good of a job they do selling their career/accomplishments to the hof committee.

it's like a guy going to jail or not going to jail based upon how good his lawyer is.............

There are stories about guys not being elected simply because their team representative was not liked or did a bad job in making his case versus guys getting elected because of an awesome presentation.

18. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Howard Eskin is a twat and should be tarred and feathered because he is such a giant douchebag.

This whole system is just a popular vote anyway. The committee should be a board of former NFL players, coaches and administrators. Honestly, it should be like the presidential election. Each team elects a rep whether it be a former or present player, coach or member of the front office. They should allow the media to have some place in this whole thing by allowing them to elect 20-25 finalists to make the hall. At that point it would go to the committee who would have the vote as to who gets in. Of course there would be a bias and that's going to happen but I think this is the fairest way to do it. They need an overhaul because while Eskin is full of crap and has made up and reported on bullcrap before, it's not completely unfounded that crap like this could happen. Female or male, it's garbage and CC should be in the hall as should Parcells.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^ this.