Terrell Owens Says Character Concerns Have Kept Him Out Of The NFL

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Wide receiver Terrell Owens is playing for the Allen Wranglers in the Indoor Football League. In an interview Ben & Skin on KESN-FM 103.3 by way of the Dallas Morning News, Owens says he has become a "villain" and "can't get out of that box." "I can play a couple of more years in the National Football League, " Owens said. "That's what I'm pushing for. I'm not going to give up hope just because I'm 38 and just had a knee injury. I think a lot of why I probably didn't play this year, everybody keeps talking about the 'character' issues. The last two or three years relatively I was quiet, knowing that everybody was saying that I had a character issue, I'm disruptive, there's a lot of hype that comes with me, they're saying I'm a distraction here and there. That's all hearsay. If you ask a bunch of my teammates, a lot of it is basically blown out of proportion, the media making me into a fall guy. Overall, will I ever admit that I was a bad teammate? Never. I wasn't a bad teammate. Was I disruptive. No I wasn't disruptive. I feel like I have a lot of football left and I'm looking forward to getting back to playing. I think the thing ... I didn't get picked up was that a lot of general managers bought into the fact that the media thinks that I'm this bad guy, this rebel guy, this disruptive guy that divides and messes up team's chemistry. They won't allow me to turn over a new leaf. They won't allow me to be a better person. Anytime anything is brought up about me, they keep talking about things that happened five, six, seven years ago. Why don't I get a pass? I've kind of fallen into that villain category and I can't get out of that box."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

HELLO...McFly.....you brought this "character" to the surface, don't blame only the media for your situation, be a man and just admit you made wrong decisions to bring you to this place in life...

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

The last 2 or 3 years he was relatively quiet? The whole time he was in Cincy all he and Ocho did was publicly crap on the coaches and ownership. Then with a new qb and WR's, the same coaches and ownership made the playoffs. Hmmmmmm.

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Ocho was much MUCH worse in Cincy than TO was. First off Ocho wasn't trying and TO was. TO actually had a good season, and all TO really said was that they should run more and that coaches weren't listening to his suggestions there was nothing that bad in the media. Now how is Ocho going to get a job and TO isn't, TO had a better season and TO was quieter than Ocho.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

T.O. is beastly on the field and off as far as football goes. It's the time away from the field (his mouth) that is 95% of the "character" issues. If a team could sign him and get rid of his mouth, they'd be in good shape...lol. It's not like the guy is a "troublemaker" as far as the law goes. He just doesn't shut up...

6. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

This, injury and all its no doubt in my mind a team would have gave him a shot late this past season, he just wont shut up

7. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

all you need to know about TO is that Bill Parcells refused to stay with the Cowboys because of him...that is all

8. Dragonite

All he said was taht the Owner and Coaching staff sucks. Most Cincy Bengals FANS agreed at the time. He also ripped himself and Ocho as players saying they needed to play better. I just don't see the "issue"

Ocho is FAR worse and he still has a job.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

all he said ? do you not understand that a player is not supposed to act like a fan when it comes to his team ? there's a HUGE difference. also you keep saying ocho still has a job. well whoopie, he was barely a factor last season and is on his way out. ocho had issues on ONE team, owens had problems in san fran, philly, dallas cicny and lets not forget said heck you to baltimore as they traded for t.o. before the eagles did.

owens is getting what he desereves.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

why would a team want a guy pushing 40 years old who is a head case when they can draft the same amount of talent in the mid to late rounds. at this point, T.O. would be nothing more than a #3 or #4 receiver just like Ocho, so why deal with the personality when they aren't worth it anymore?

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Terrell Owens Says Character Concerns Have Kept Him Out Of The NFL

No, more like:

[​IMG]

There's always room for a big mouth in sports if it comes with youth/production & puts asses in the seats. Then people will continue to listen & put up with you.

Now it's time to take your seat at the end of the bar & tell your sob stories to the drunk on the next stool...

12. Dragonite

Really? He had a solid season in Cincy, he played harder and better than Moss and teams are putting his name out there. Really I dont understand it at all. He played better than Ocho and teams went after him. But yeah, I guess he says stupid crap, so do half the wideouts in the league.

13. CaptainStubing

Ocho, Moss and T.O. aren't anything more than back-up situational receivers at this point. and since they all have histories of poisoning locker rooms, teams now don't need to risk bringing them in since they can get their type of production easily from the draft or free agency (without the risk of poisoning their locker room)

14. Dragonite

But thats the thing, they are all the same player, thing is Moss and Ocho get calls.

TO doesn't. Why wahts the difference? TO was the most productive of the three the last couple seasons so why doesn't he get calls?

15. CaptainStubing

i think maybe you're beginning to answer your own question ............ you're almost there.

16. Dragonite

Meh I'm just saying I would call TO long before I would call Moss or Ocho.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

TO >> Moss.

18. Dragonite

I said that in another Moss thread...and its true

19. SuperSerial

SuperSerial Starter

Dude owes over a half a million a year in child support to 4 different baby mommas. He better do something quick.