Seahawks Release CB Marcus Trufant

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sweets, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Seattle Seahawks cut former Pro Bowl cornerback Marcus Trufant today. Trufant was due a $7.2 million base salary and carried a $10.13 million salary-cap figure for 2012. “Out of respect for Marcus and his family, we’ve decided to release him today so that he has an opportunity to explore the full window of unrestricted free agency and the options that go along with it,â€￾ Seahawks general manager John Schneider said. “Marcus has done so much for this organization, but because of the changing landscape of the NFL, tough decisions have to be made and this is the correct thing to do at this time.â€￾ Drafted 11th overall, Trufant was scheduled to make an $8.8 million base salary in 2013 with an $11.73 million salary-cap figure in the final year of his contract. A former Washington State standout, Trufant has struggled with back injuries and finished last season on injured reserve after playing four games.

Source: Scout.com

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  2. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

I knew this would be coming. He played great for the Hawks, but with injuries and age he just wasnt playing at the level needed.

Hopefully he can find a home elsewhere and still put in whatever he has left in the tank.

He could fit into a Raven uniform quite well as a sub for dime formations or something.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

CLEARING CAP??? HMMMMMMMMMMM....

He was expendable anyways. Browner and Sherman played great together last year, and are dirt cheap in comparison.

4. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

How old is he? He was a pretty good cb when he played.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he was a legit top 5 corner a few years ago

im sure he'll be a good player for a few more years, hed be pretty across from ike actually

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i could see dallas signing him and cutting newman

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Were cutting Newman, but Trufant pretty much a lat move at this point. Only difference is Newmans tank is empty, Trufant is running on fumes

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

In the goober sect of our fan base, we should sine him 4 saphty. Just like Newman should have been moved. Because you see, If a CB is well past his prime, or just sucks, then he will automatily become an elite safety

Shawn Springs.......4 safti

Carlos Rogers.......4 safty

Ty Law......Saphty

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

9. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I wouldn't mind him if we lose Carr. He'd be a nice insurance policy if Routt sucks.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, trufant is done. i wouldn't want him on my team unless it was for the minimum and i just didn't have any young players to develop at that position. he's just another guy at this point.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He isn't total dogcrap. He'd be a marginal starter. But certainly would not want to expect the same type of player he was in his prime.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

maybe you could move him to safety and get a couple more decent years out of him