Free Agent LB Lofa Tatupu Works Out For Falcons

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by Sweets, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Free agent linebacker Lofa Tatupu worked out for the Atlanta Falcons on Friday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Reluctantly released by the Seattle Seahawks last August after declining to restructure his contract, the three-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker drew interest from the Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders, but spent the season out of football. Tatupu visited the New Orleans Saints in February. Tatupu missed 11 games in 2009 with hamstring and pectoral injuries and underwent surgery on both knees following the 2010 season. In 84 career games, Tatupu has 549 tackles, 8.5 quarterback sacks with 10 interceptions, two he's returned for touchdowns, 35 passes defensed and seven forced fumbles.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

this guy was really a dominant LB for a short time before his body started deteriorating .............

3. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

yea, the fact that he also cant cover a 350lb lineman in pass coverage really limits what he can do.

i think he could still be somewhat servicable on 3rd/4th and inches situation or goalline, but you would have to pay him peanuts for only being used in those roles and he isnt going to be helping on special teams or elsewhere anytime soon as a player on the roster.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Damn I hope they sign him. Means Lofton will have to look elsewhere.