Rams Agree To Trade Second Overall Pick To Redskins

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by SRW, Mar 9, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Adam Schefter is reporting that the St. Louis Rams have agreed in principle to send the second overall pick in this year's draft to the Washington Redskins for three first-round picks and one second-round pick. Schefter's report is according to a source in Cleveland familiar with the terms of the deal. The deal cannot be finalized until the start of the new league year, which starts next Tuesday at 4 p.m. Indianapolis has the first pick of the draft with the standing expectation that the Colts will draft Andrew Luck. Washington will then follow and is expected to draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Source: USA Today

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Little early to make up your mind isn't it? What if someone gets really desperate and wants to top what the redskins are offering?

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

rg3 worth 3 first rounders and a 2nd sorry but the redskins are dumb as heck Rg3 is gonna get his butt kicked with no receivers and no oline. Rams definitly win this trade

4. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

Awesome move by Danny. i love it!

5. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

3 FIRSTS and a 2ND?!?!?! MY GOD!!!

6. Steve12

I tend to agree. At least in the short run. Its going to take a while to put a decent team around rg3. Especially with no first rounders.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

3 1st rounders and a 2nd? u got to freaking kidding.

8. Steve12

Schefter is saying on twitter that browns tried to make a last minute attempt to get the pick but it was to little too late.

Edit: he's also saying that this doesn't men they're out of the Manning sweepstakes. they still want to try and sign him.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  9. ball in the baskett

the redskins are definitly one of the dumbest franchises in the nfl they top themselves every year with dumb decisions. So with no first rounders its gonna take even longer to build around him. U got a qb with some potential doesent really matter if the rest of the team is garbage.

10. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

the sad part is this really isnt a surprise being that it's from the redskins....they make some of the most obvious stupid signings and decisions in the nfl year after year.

11. ball in the baskett

i cant wait to play them and whoop on them again

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Has anyone ever given up that many first round picks in a trade

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[MENTION=1547]mtzninersfan[/MENTION] my sentiments exactly!!!! Freaking Rams are cleaning up, damn em!

14. Jihad Joe

Hankerson better turn out to be a stud

15. ball in the baskett

Probably not the craziest thing was the saints trading there whole draft to get ricky williams

16. Jihad Joe

Chart Value wise, that probobly isnt even half of this

Do you remeber if they gave up an additional first in that trade?

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

This is just about on the same level in my book. If it's true about the Browns I'm glad it didn't work out. I heard another report that said they'll almost surely push hard for Flynn now.

18. Jihad Joe

Giving up multiple first rarely works

In fact, I cant think of an instance where it did

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

And let's be honest. You still don't completely know what you're getting when you draft RG3. Did he have amazing numbers? Yes. Was he a hell of a QB. Yes. How many championships did Baylor win and how many great teams did they beat? This is the NFC East and the Skins are already the worst of the bunch with freaking sick defenses. I hate the Giants and Cowboys but having to face them plus the Eagles 6 times a year with NO weapons. Freaking A.

20. Jihad Joe

Good for you guys then

IMO Flynn is the FA QB prize, not Manning