Bears The 'Favorites' To Land Free Agent DE/LB Mario Williams?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Mar 12, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

John Mullin of CSNChicago.com reports that multiple league sources have informed him that the Chicago Bears are the “favoritesâ€￾ to sign DE Mario Williams. Chicago has shown interest in upgrading their defense but to the addition of Mario Williams would give them one of the vaunted pass-rushing combinations in NFL history. The Bears have more than enough cap space to make this happen and the fact that they employ a 4-3 defensive end can’t hurt their chances any. Mullin notes that Lovie Smith did mention that he would like to upgrades the teams’ pass rush next season and it’s hard to image them doing any better than adding Mario Williams.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

that would be a helluva d-line.............

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

The Bears are looking to kill any QB who lines up agians them it appears.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

As sick as that would be, you'd have two of the top four or five expensive d-linemen in the league to settle up with.

That might last two seasons I'd imagine.

6. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Looks like the Bears are doing what the Eagles did last year.. Getting all the top FA's. If they land Williams that will be scary for opposing QB's..

7. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

and we saw what happened with that....what looks good on paper doesnt always translate well on the field until they can mesh together...may take a couple years but god **mn that would be nasty lookin d-line.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Mesh together? All Peppers and Williams have to do is beat the offensive tackle, something they both do very well. And Cutler and Marshall are pretty well "meshed".

9. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

Looks like Mario is visiting and is likely to sign with The Bills,according to the nfl network.

10. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

THANK GOD!