Eagles WR DeSean Jackson Aims For Hall Of Fame, Guarantees Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It was less than a year ago that Vince Young declared the re-tooled Philadelphia Eagles to be a "Dream Team," inviting endless 'nightmare' puns during an 8-8 finish. The backup to Michael Vick is no longer on the roster (the Eagles let his one-year contract expire), but one man Philly didn't let get away made a similar declaration upon re-signing. "I'm just happy to still be here," said wide receiver DeSean Jackson, who signed a five-year deal worth up to $51 million on Thursday. "I'm going to guarantee a Super Bowl. We've been so close since I've been here the past four years. ...The sky's the limit." Jackson led the Eagles in receiving with 58 catches for 961 yards, but was benched late in a Nov. 27 loss to the New England Patriots. He was assigned the franchise tag heading into free agency. "Hands down I think we're one of the best teams in the NFL. I want to shoot for the Hall of Fame. I want to shoot for Super Bowls. That's something I haven't done yet."

Source: USAToday

2. Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow Best QB in NY

DeSean is really fast.

It's good to see he's learning some humility.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

That's the attitude I wanna hear from this kid. Last year he didn't say crap or moped around. Honestly, this team has WAY too much talent not to win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years or so. I wanna see him have some passion. Make fun of his humility all you want but he hasn't said crap since he became a pro other than show me the money. He has the money now he wants a ring. I have no issue with what he said. It isn't Vince Young. It's a guy who has the ability to be one of the top WR's in the league. But now it's put up or shut up.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I aim for the toilet when I pee. Sometimes I don't make it. Dude gets paid and now he is all in?

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Why is this not a surprise?

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

His coach needs to learn to SHUT THE FREAK UP...

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Shocking, right? Because it's usually the other way around. Go all in then get paid.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Look, it is no secret that I don't like the Eagles but seriously, this guy? Really? I hate the typical I got paid so now I am all in until someone makes more than me then I will quit again.

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

This.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So then you hate every time any professional athlete gets paid.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And mother hecker better help bring one back over the next five years.

12. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

I wouldnt expect anything less from a guy w/ his character, especially since he is now that, what kind of rich is it called?

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Oh boy...here we go...

14. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

why am i not surprised....

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Wide receivers! Always good for a headline.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Always!!

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, this isn't the worst thing any cocky player has ever said ......... he just said he wants to 'shoot for' the hall of fame and super bowls ................

i would think any player in the nfl would be shooting for the same things.

18. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Players should always aim for mediocrity. It's the best thing to do.

"I want to be around the 16th best wide receiver in football for the next 2 seasons. After that maybe I'll be in the top 25. Then when I retire I'd be okay with signing autographs at Ron Jaworski Chevrolet for a few weekends a year. I'd also like to make the playoffs next year but would be happy just making it into the wild card game. Maybe finish a leisurely 10-6."

WHAT DO YOU WANT THE GUY TO SAY!?!? Since Brian Dawkins left there's been an issue on this team and it's been that NO PLAYER has played with a chip on their shoulder or a swagger to their play. DJ has a swagger that he's always kind of had but never really said anything verbally. He always did it with his actions but was never a talker to the media. I like seeing this from someone on this team. But honestly, what do you want him to say? And don't say nothing.

19. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

Just hoping they revive that dream team bullcrap yet again! like i said,the eagles super bowl trophy case will be that way forever!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

We may not have a superbowl yet but atleast one things for sure were gonna be whooping on our division snitch twice a year

heres one of my favs

59-28
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn7uTh_p2oQ]Michael Vick - Eagles vs Redskins - 11/15/2010 - YouTube[/ame]