Former NFL RB Ricky Williams Says He Doesn't Feel The Ill Effects Of Football

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, May 16, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Former NFL running back Ricky Williams said Tuesday he doesn't believe there is a link between playing football and concussions. "I don't buy it," Williams told ESPN when asked about the connection of head trauma and playing football. "I'm only speaking from my personal experience, and because I've never allowed myself to buy it, I haven't been the effect of it," Williams said, adding that he healed his body in the offseason as intensely as he punished it during games. "Yes, I'm aware that football is a rough sport, but instead of saying, 'Oh, I'm doomed to brain trauma,' I said, 'Well, what can I do about this?' And I just started taking care of my body," Williams said. Williams said his offseason regimen included practicing yoga, he also used a chiropractor and message therapy to "peel off layers of trauma" from his body. The debate about head trauma in the sport and its long-term effects has intensified as ex-players have brought lawsuits against the league over how much it knew about concussions and whether it did enough to prevent them. Williams said he doesn't feel any ill effects from his playing days, but admitted that could change. "Ten years from now, I might be walking down the street scratching my head and yelling profanities, but right now I feel fine," he said.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Maybe it's the "ganja" ....

3. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

^ What he said

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[MENTION=783]alkaholik[/MENTION] ... He???? :moe:

5. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

If it is, then they should stop testing for it and suspending people for using it. Just overlook it.

6. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Jealous? lol

I have always like Ricky. I relate to him because I have the same social anxiety disorder he does. I don't smoke weed like he does, but I can understand where he is coming from. /off topic

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

me??? jealous??? not in this lifetime, I probably can get better stuff here in Northern California...hahahaha I like Ricky also but later in life he may change his view.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

that nice break you took helped ease a bit of your pain ricky

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I agree really. if he played season after season with no breaks just maybe he would be feeling the effects

10. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Give it some time sticky ricky. That being said, if there's a link between the ganja and not having the ill effects of football....

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Doesn't feel or doesn't remember?

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, give it 10 or 15 years after ricky spends all of his money on weed and he will join the lawsuits too