Packers TE Jermichael Finley Not Sold On TE's Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sweets, May 31, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley's planned breakout season in 2010 was cut short by a knee injury. Finley returned to play in all 16 games in 2011, tying a career-high with 55 receptions and setting career marks with 767 receiving yards and eight touchdowns. The Packers avoided the use of the franchise tag on Finley, signing the 25-year-old to a two-year, $14 million extension. Finley lived up to his self-described "reporter's best friend/coach's nightmare" reputation in his session with the media following Wednesday's OTA practice, discussing how he was looking to be "less robotic" in the offense and how he needs to see more from Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham, the most productive tight ends in the NFL last season. "I know Gronk and Jimmy Graham, they did well last year," Finley said according to Jason Wilde of ESPN Milwaukee. "But in this league, you've got to do it consistently. If you've shown that you can do it one time, you have to come back and do it. They're going to have to show me something. I'm not trying to beat them or see what I can do better than them, but they're going to have to show me a little more." Finley's comments could raise a few eyebrows considering how Gronkowski and Graham finished in the Top 5 in receptions and were two of seven receivers to top 1,300 yards last season, nearly doubling Finley's production. To Finley's credit, he doesn't think he's done enough in the league, either, which was behind his decision to accept a short-term contract from the Packers. "I'm going to play my game, regardless. If I play my game, everything will work out for itself," Finley said regarding his contract. "I'll be 26 when I come up for the next deal. It's going to be an awesome ride, I'll tell you that. I don't think I've done too much yet. It's a two-year deal. It's a good deal on both ends. I'm excited to be playing with a quarterback like Aaron (Rodgers)."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well Id say its a safe bet that everyone else is sold on them more than they are on you, Mr Untapped Potential. Unlike them, you have yet to have the "breakout season" everyone has been talking about for the last 3 offseasons.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Gotta love when athletes use the formula of bringing other players back to their standing thru criticism than talking about how they need to raise their game. :icon_rolleyes:

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Ding ding, my first thought exactly. I'd choose both of them over you.

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

he also isn't sold on catching open passes in the middle of the field during a NFC Divisional Game

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Jimmmy and rob were in beast mode last season wtf. Is he talking about

7. Is this guy smoking rocks I guess he dosen't watch too many SC highlights because I know both of these guys were on ESPN every Sunday making amazing plays....