Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch Arrested For Suspicion Of DUI

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Jul 17, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Seattle Seahawks star running back Marshawn Lynch is in trouble with the law again. Lynch was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in his hometown of Oakland on Saturday night, according to the San Jose Mercury News. Signed to a $31 million deal earlier this year, Lynch was arrested, processed and released. A former Byffalo Bills first-round draft pick traded to the Seahawks two years ago, Lynch served a three-game NFL suspension in 2009 after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor weapons charge. His driver's license was revoked four years ago after accidentally hitting a woman outside a nightspot in Buffalo, N.Y.

Source: Scout.com

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Holy crap....WTF is going on with these guys this past week

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dude had to make a Skittles run...can you blame him?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

These guys are outta control right now...lol. God-dell is gonna start handing down more severe penalties for this kind of crap...

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE The opposite of a Rookie

I chalk it up to the fact its July and these guys have no place to be right now.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

At least he's got it down..never blow unless you know you're gonna pbutt.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE The opposite of a Rookie

Isn't refusing a test an automatic way to go to jail for a few hours?

8. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Marshawn look! The amount of workhouse fantasy backs is dwindling by the day, we dont need another suspension, get it together! lol

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yep, but it's cheaper and less punitive than getting arrested for OVI.

10. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Anyone like Too Short?

"Just another day in Oakland biotch"

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You can refuse to blow?

And so you take a little ride and get thrown in jail, but you eventually have to blow... don't you? Do you have to do it when they book you?

12. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

i know in some states refusing is automatic one year suspension of driving license and an arrest asap.

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

^this. I'm sure it varies by state, and there are penalties with refusing to blow, but they're usually less than the cost of a DUI and those charges, probation etc.

I think they can make you take a test at some point, but only by court order. I think refusing to blow, you're essentially pleading the fifth to their investigation. But I'm not a lawyer.

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

in PA if you refuse to blow they have to take you in custody, get a court order to blood test you, and administer the blood test. by then you could probably be sober

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Taking one is an automatic way to go to the drunk tank overnight and ensure yourself of thousands of dollars in fines, loss of license, and the thrill of months of diversion classes. The longer you can delay the test the lower your BAC will be, so if you refuse the field test they have to take you to a hospital and draw blood, and who knows, maybe that delay will be enough to get you legal.

16. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Details aside, if youve been drinking, don't do their job for them. You might pass, but maybe not as well. If you're calculating which is the cheaper, less risky move, DON'T blow.

17. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Stepdad ran into this problem a couple years ago. He refuse to blow. He spent the night in jail. But he got off with his license suspended for 3 months, and I believe probation for a few months. Had he blown, who knows what it would have been

18. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Around here, first DUI typically gets you no jail time. But fines, court, diversion programs etc is expensive as heck.

Second one gets you colored plates and at least a week in jail. Refusing the test is like what's described above, though that's probably toward the low end and getting off pretty light.