Bears Shift Chris Williams Back To Left Tackle

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Aug 11, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Chicago Bears put all the pressure they could on J’Marcus Webb when he played nearly the entire game at left tackle in Thursday's preseason opener against Denver. Now, they are turning the heat up on him back at training camp. After not playing at left tackle for two weeks, former first-round draft pick Chris Williams was back at the position during Saturday’s practice at Olivet Nazarene, signaling Webb could be in jeopardy of losing the job. This was the first practice Williams has spent at left tackle in 14 days after he was switched to right tackle to take reps from Gabe Carimi so last year’s first-round pick could rest his sore knee. The move ostensibly put an end to the competition for the left tackle position as Williams was given only two days in full pads to show what he could do with the team alternating practice days.

Source: Chicago Tribune

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Chicago Bear starting OL out on the town. :icon_rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Get ready, Jay

3. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

I don't care if they put Santa Claus there, just so long as they hold the line and give Cutler time to throw!!

4. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

That is why I laughed when they named Webb the starter before the first preseason game. It needs to be a competition, Webb isn't good enough to just get handed a spot.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Crap Webb was pretty much named the starter after literally 2 practices.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket