Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Says NFL Is 'Exciting' & 'Great' With Replacement Refs

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Jerry Jones, who has defended the replacement officials, said he didn’t see the ending of the Seahawks controversial win over the Packers Monday night because he turned the game off around halftime. The Cowboys owner and general manager also said he did not get phone calls about the play, Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News reports.

“I just read a little note in the paper that the Seahawks pulled it out,†Jones said during his weekly radio appearance Tuesday morning on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “Boy, that’s an impressive Seahawks team. That’s a rough place to play and it shows what that defense will do. I sure am impressed with how the Seahawks were playing, particularly impressed with how they played in that first half. It shows you how tough it is to win.

“We’ve got a lot of respect for a Green Bay team. But that is pretty impressive and frankly makes me feel a little better about the caliber of team that we played up there, not that we didn’t have all the respect in the world for them.â€

The Cowboys lost 27-7 in Seattle on Sept. 16.

Jones says the league is working to get the contract issues resolved with the locked-out officials but pointed to how exciting of a season it’s been through three games because only three teams (Arizona, Atlanta and Houston) remain undefeated.

“It’s exciting. It gives us a lot to talk about on our shows that we have,†Jones said. “Fundamentally, when I look at where the league is over the first three ballgames, it’s great. We have a lot of competition.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Are you freaking kidding me??? Jerry you money grubbing butthole, as long as you don't pay out any more cash, it's all good for you....bastard!!!!

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

sweets - roger goodell just fined you $2k for your remarks.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Channeling Al Davis from the grave.

Way to go Crypt Keeper Deux...

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I hope they get screwed next week worst than Green Bay did. Then we'll see how "great" and "exciting" this really is.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Exactly my thoughts

7. Huxley

Huxley ...

Why do I hate Jerry Jones again?

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's a freaking joke. Never really cared for him but never really hated him but after his comments so far this season, he can heck off. His comments after this debacle are embarrassing as an NFL owner.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:laughy32:

10. falloutboy14

falloutboy14 Rookie

If Refs keep arbitrarily determining the winner, I think a lot of viewers will start turning off games at halftime.

11. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

What the Hell is Jerry on, and how do we get it banned

12. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

I guess the little blue pills don't work for Jerry anymore so he has to resort to this for getting excited.

This just proved to me Jerry must be developing dementia. Causes there's no damn way anyone would say this otherwise. His son really needs to have him put in a safe place before he hurts himself. Because he already hurts the team everytime he opens his mouth.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

just another reason showing he is losing his mind. the failed facelift wasn't bad enough he is now towing the company line. And it is such a blatant lie also. Even a blind man can see the replacement refs, while doing their best, are not doing a great job. It is like when the replacement players played. They were not like the regular players. These refs are not like the regular refs. I don't care about the calls and stuff like that. Even the regular refs miss calls. They just seem lost and/or intimidated out there. You know the players are ragging them hard out there.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Has nothing to do with dementia...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE [​IMG]

15. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

nice. wish that was mine.

16. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Son of a snitch!!!! Jerry sure makes it hard to be a Cowboy fan..

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[MENTION=1809]Agent Zero[/MENTION]...We have room on the 49er bandwagon for ya AZ...

18. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I'm good.. After 30 years of being a Cowboy fan I can't bail now. lol

19. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Almost 50 for me.

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I love my cowboys but I growing to dislike JJ more every year

Need to muzzle that old hecker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD