Patriots Fan Receives Death Threats After Insensitive Tweet To Ravens WR Torrey Smith

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Sweets, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

A Baltimore woman has received online threats, after sending a tasteless tweet to Ravens receiver Torrey Smith about the death of his brother.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the tweet was sent to Smith by Patriots fan and Baltimore resident Katie Moody, posting as @katiebrady12. The tweet read, “Hey, Smith, how about you call your bro and tell him all about your wi----ohhh Wait. #TooSoon?†Smith’s brother, Tevin Smith, was killed in a weekend motorcycle accident.

People went ballistic on Twitter, sending Moody vulgar messages and wishing her harm. Contact information for a supervisor at her place of employment was also posted, Moody switched her Twitter account to private and declined comment to the Sun.

Before switching her account, Moody did post an apology on Twitter that read, “I apologized and meant it. … I just can’t control if people think I’m really sorry. I’m currently getting death threats and people posting my home address.â€

Smith has not responded to Moody’s tweet. Ravens running back Ray Rice did, posting, “smh, u are terrible. I hope you know the word karma."

Source: Sporting News

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Awwwww, what snitch...you're getting death threats for opening your mouth???? Too soon???

3. Huxley

Huxley ...

Anybody that tasteless doesn't have my sympathy.

4. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

Some people just have to learn the hard way.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

twitter is such a joke theres death threats on there all the time anyone can say there gonna kill you. This lady really is a snitch though.

6. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I have no sympathy for her.

7. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Yup you know America is goiong to crap when its own people don't have any respect or sympathy for one another!! It truly is sad!!

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

id say she deserves it what a sick snitch

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

what gets me is regular people actually think other people who don't know them really wants to know what they freaking think. That is why I don't tweet. And I have set my settings on facebook to games only. Don't care what you have planned for today or this weekend. Don't give a crap about some dog that needs saving in Bagdad. I can't help them from here.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

one more reason why twitter is a useless piece of junk

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

People take this twitter crap way too seriously.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

she's an idiot and anyone threatening her with death for saying something stupid is even more of an idiot.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dumb snitch.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

See, that's a coldhearted person to the core that would even think to post something like that.

Screw her. Maybe this will teach her to stop being such an icy c**t.