Michael Vick Says Eagles Coach Andy Reid Considering Making A Switch At QB

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Oct 28, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Following a 30-17 loss that the head coach himself deemed “embarrassing,†Andy Reid was asked if a quarterback change was in order to shake the Eagles from their prolonged funk.

“I’ll go back and look at everything,†said Reid. “I’m not going to sit here and make decisions. I’m going to go back, look at it and analyze it.â€

Again, no ringing endorsement for the $100 million quarterback. Reid said heading into the bye week that Michael Vick was his quarterback “as of today†and that he would be taking a hard look at all positions. Ultimately, he chose to ride with Vick against the Falcons. But that’s as far as the public commitment goes.

“Obviously he’s thinking about making a change at the quarterback position,†said Vick. “The thing I do know when I go watch the film and evaluate myself is that I’m giving us every opportunity to win. I’m trying my hardest. Some things don’t go right when I want them to; some things do. If that’s the decision the coach wants to make, then I’ll support it.â€

Source: PhillyMag.com

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

This is obviously the issue. He keeps watching the 2010 game tape because he's trying his hardest to heck this team.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Aside from Romo... is there a worse QB in the league?

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Blaine Gabbert?

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

God the Eagles are amazing.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It sucks for Reid that Juan Castillo is not an option for QB.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Sign Castillo as a QB and then cut him.

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000086706/Vick-on-Eagles-possible-QB-change]Michael Vick on Philadelphia Eagles' possible QB change - NFL Videos[/ame]

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Guys...Castillo was obviously the cause of the turnovers. You have to give Andy some credit...he solved a major complaint of the fans. Castillo gone and with him he took the turnovers. It's a positive step...

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

maybe vick and romo can get together this week and compare notes on they excell at turnovers this week

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Playcalling isn't helping. Neither is that o-Line. When Foles is getting destroyed, they'll be right back at square 1

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

dead on blazer. i say keep vick in all year. no freaking way do i let a lame duck head coach send what could be your future out there to be slaughtered.

13. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

I agree, Vick has taken a ton of hits and he's a mobile QB, someone not as mobile as him wont have the chance to run out of a play. Foles thought more than likely will know how to read a defense and throw the ball away, something Vick obviously can't do

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Maybe.

Or maybe Foles will turn out to be a good WCO quarterback. You know, one that can get rid of the ball within 6 or 7 seconds.

Fact is, this offense looks like dog crap with Vick at quarterback. We've got plenty of games that prove this. I'd rather not waste the next 9 games watching Vick play like crap.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I just don't agree.

Keep 'the future' on the bench instead of getting invaluable game time? Again, with no pressure added? He does good, he's a hero. He gets his butt kicked, he was a rookie and no one expected much.

But if you sit the heir apparent on the bench all year, give him no playing time, and let Vick and Reid go down in flames together... all of a sudden Foles is the man next year with ridiculous expectations and no starting experience?

Don't agree at all.

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The pass rush hasn't been on Vick in an instant most of the time. Foles MAY be able to get the ball out much faster, but he really is an unknown. I don't know if Foles should start or not, no matter what the team does, I'm sure it won't work out. This squad is so depressing.