Jets QB Tim Tebow 'Frustated, Sad' Over Teammates Comments

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SRW, Nov 14, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Tim Tebow responded to comments from an anonymous New York Jets teammate who said he was "terrible" in a report to the on Wednesday.

Tebow expressed "some frustration and I guess some sadness" at the quote from a player identified only as a "defensive starter."

"This is something I can’t control,†Tebow said told the New York Daily News, which reported the anonymous quotes. “I can control my attitude, my effort and my work ethic. Those are things that will never change based on what anybody says.â€

“I’ve had criticism somewhat my whole life playing football,†Tebow added. “You got to do your best at handling it. On one side, you try to make it motivate you. But at the same time, it always has somewhat of an effect on you. You’re human. It’s not always fun having people saying negative things about you, but you try to be stronger from it. It always has made me stronger in the past and it will continue to make me stronger.â€

At 3-6, the Jets are floundering, but Coach Rex Ryan has shown no inclination of switching from struggling starter Mark Sanchez to Tebow.

Source: National Football Post

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

First of all, the story that Tebow sucks in practice is old...goes back to Denver. Not a story. Secondly, Manish Mehta is a dirt bag writer and the biggest beat writing hack there is in the NFL. The guy has an agenda and more times than not, what he reports is thoroughly made up or incorrect. He just throws crap against the wall in hopes that it sticks...freaking jerk off.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Gotta get his name out there right? Now that Vick is hurt and Foles will most likely start for the birds he has to do something to keep himself "relevant." Either way, I give Tebow a lot of credit for being cool with everything that is said about him. The way the media can turn EVERYONE against him is pretty damn special.

4. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

tim tebow will be more successful and make 10x more money out of the nfl than in it

he is one of the best ever to play college football and his religious stuff not only makes him popular but will also make him tons of cash

anybody on the jets d talking trash should take a look in the mirror because that whole team is trash

throwing tebow under the bus just because the media ardors him more than the whole struggling team is weak and the only thing ive ever agreed with coming out of rex ryans mouth was when he said those guys giving anonymous quotes were cowards

5. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

CROMARTIE the rat, said it,,,, stupid muthafuka cant shut up

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i blame ESPN and their need to mention Tebows name every 15 minutes. Not knocking Tebow, but he is a BACK UP QB on a bad team. Does he deserve to be slandered, not really, but when the world wide leader cant stop talking about you, sadly people are going to pay attention

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Tebow's teammates that are talking crap about him need to step up and be accountable...take responsibility for what you say you pussies...and I agree it's not just Tebow, the whole freaking team blows.....