Chargers OT Jared Gaither Placed On Injured Reserve

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by SRW, Nov 23, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chargers left tackle Jared Gaither was placed on season-ending injured reserve with a groin injury. He appeared in just four games this season after signing in March a four-year, $24.5 million contract with an $8 million signing bonus.

Gaither earned $9 million in 2012 when including a base salary of $1 million. That's $2.25 million per game played. If the Chargers were to release him, they'd take on $6 million in dead money against the cap, split over the next three years.

He was asked Thursday if he feels like he's let his teammates down.

"It's an injury," Gaither said. "Those things happen. You can't get yourself down. You have to continue to support the guys and work to get out there myself. Of course, it's disappointing. Anytime you can't do what you want to do, it's disappointing. You've just got to keep working. ...

"I mean, it's tough. I don't know what you're looking for. It's tough. I'm not out there, and I want to be out there. The situation is tough. I don't know how to give it you in another way. It's a tough situation."

Source: San Diego Union Tribune

2. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

Chargers flat out said, Gaither stole this money from us.... alot of people thought he was faking it, i guess this just proves it
    Posted via Mobile Device