Vikings P Chris Kluwe Awaits Fine For "Vote For Ray Guy" Message

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Dec 9, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Vikings punter Chris Kluwe continued his campaign to get punter Ray Guy into the Hall of Fame by writing "Vote Ray Guy" on his jersey patch commemorating the Hall of Fame.

Players are wearing the patch to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Kluwe says he's expecting a fine from the NFL for a uniform violation.

Kluwe said after the game he wore the patch because there are no punters in the Hall of Fame and he wouldn't support them without voting one in. Kluwe had strong words for Hall of Fame voters after the Vikings 21-14 win over the Chicago Bears.

"It actually is a very serious matter because you look at it and the way the selection process is set up right now it's highly unlikely that a punter will ever get into the Hall of Fame. To me if you're going to be the gate keepers to what the game is about and you refuse to recognize a facet of the game you're not doing your job. You are failing at your job."

Source: SBNation.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rep to Kluwe.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

A punter in the Hall of Fame? Why not add waterboys and cheerleaders too? Baby please...

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm with kluwe on this one. If a guy is the greatest to ever play at his position he should be in the hall. I'm not saying punters should be regular inductees, but the best ever should be in.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He's right, Guy should be in

6. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

Kluwe being Kluwe

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ISHhjHHb-8&feature=g-subs-u]Image of the Day: Chris Kluwe - YouTube[/ame]