Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald Backs Ken Whisenhunt After 58-0 Loss

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Sweets, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Larry Fitzgerald has his coach's back.

The Arizona Cardinals wide receiver doesn't believe Ken Whisenhunt should have been the one apologizing to fans after Sunday's embarrassing loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

"I don't know why coach should be apologizing," Fitzgerald told Jim Gray Monday on Dial Global Radio Networks. "It's the players that were out there, put that up there. Last I remember he didn't throw any passes or catch any balls or make any tackles. Us as players should be apologizing for that performance. It was disgraceful."

Source: NFL.com

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Best wr in the league and he gets stuck with a team with the most unstable qbs in the league.wish we could get him in dc with rg3 and garcon.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

To be fair, it's not Wiz's fault that they don't actually have any QB's on that team.

4. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I hate seeing players with class stuck on teams like the Cardinals.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He had an out and he signed the contract. I like him a lot but I don't feel bad for him anymore.

6. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I never said I feel bad for him. He signed the contract but he didn't sign up to play for a team that's as unstable as they are the QB position.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Logic says that when you sign one of the best WR's of the modern age, you give him someone who can at least throw the ball around him. I mean, put the ball 3 yards around Fitz and he'll grab it. He signed with the Cards under the thought the team would put together a contender. I do feel bad for him. He wanted to not just go to a team that would pay him more(and no doubt there would have been teams that paid him more) but he wanted to stay in Arizona and keep having success(remember, they're only 3 years removed from the Super Bowl). Dude tried to stick with a team and the team in turn pooped on his face.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

how did we lose to the cardinals i know were bad but not 58 0 bad

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

One thing people forget while they're heaping praise on Kurt Warner is that after the SuperBowl Kurt Warner was an unrestricted free agent. He said he wanted to play two more years and demanded a 2-year deal. The 49er's flew him to Frisco and courted him, but Kurt decided to stay with the Cards for 2 years and $23 million with a $15 million signing bonus. His initial demand was for $28 million. The Cards go 10-6 in the first year of his new deal and eventually lost in the New Orleans game where he got blasted off his feet. A few weeks later Warner announced his retirement.

Now given a player has the right to retire whenever he chooses that was his right. But he made quite a bit of noise about demanding two years only to walk after 1 year that it did indeed leave the organization in a world of crap.

One can only speculate what the Cards would have done in Kurt's second year of the deal about an heir apparent, but Whisenhunt was definitely blindsided with the retirement and many fans were more than bitter after hearing him chirp about his demands to come back.

The fact remains that Whisenhunt was ill-prepared to even replace Warner had he gotten injured and put on the IR and thus began a tragic show of desperation with Whiz playing scrubs and then losing touch with reality in the deal to bring Kolb to AZ.

At the end of the day is was partially Warner's fault for walking on the deal he so vehemently demanded and the rest on Whiz for being ill-prepared post-Warner and continuing to struggle in managing the QB position.