Titans Coach Mike Munchak Not Worried About Job Security

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by Sweets, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Tennessee Titans coach said he doesn't dwell on his job status despite the club's 4-9 record.

Munchak would appear to be safe, but the Titans have struggled this season, failing to show any consistency and living with the growing pains of young quarterback Jake Locker.

“That’s not my worry or my decision,†Munchak said when asked about his job. “We have to win football games. I get that. I think it’s all about for me that we’re headed in the right direction. I feel we’re doing that. We’re not getting the wins, and I get that, that that’s what I’ll be judged on when it’s all said and done. And that’ll be something for someone else to decide. But seeing how guys are playing when things aren’t going well is a testament to how we’re doing also.â€

The Titans blew a 13-point halftime lead Sunday in losing to the Indianapolis Colts, and quarterback Jake Locker was picked off twice in the second half. Munchak has hitched his star to Locker, and is confident the 2011 first-round pick has what it takes to become a top-flight NFL quarterback.

"We put him in position to make a lot of plays. He had over 300 yards of total offense between throwing and running. If I was a fan, I would be excited about his future. He’s gonna be a very, very good quarterback for a long time. He’s played, what, 10 games now. He’s gonna be special,†Munchak said.

Source: National Football Post

2. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Given the fact he has a young QB he probably doesn't have to worry just yet. The again though....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2