Quarterback Fates

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Dec 19, 2012.

1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

There are many 'big-name' QB's in the league that may be on the move this off-season. Some were just drafted. Some just received big contracts from their current team. So, what is the fate for each of these QB's. Will they be released, traded, or kept?

Tim Tebow
    Mark Sanchez
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Alex Smith
    Brandon Weeden
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Philip Rivers
    Matt Cassell
    Matt Flynn
    Kevin Kolb
    Kirk Cousins
    Michael Vick

2. CaptainStubing

Here are my guesses:

Tim Tebow - released
    Mark Sanchez - released
    Ryan Fitzpatrick - kept
    Alex Smith - traded
    Brandon Weeden - kept
    Matt Hasselbeck - released
    Philip Rivers - kept
    Matt Cassell - released
    Matt Flynn - kept
    Kevin Kolb - released
    Kirk Cousins - traded
    Michael Vick - released

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Way too early IMO to guess that. If like to see what happens with certain coaches, certain GMs...we could possibly add even more names to this list...

4. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Tim Tebow- I think he ends up in Jacksonville. He has a ton of fans there because its florida and they love him. About the only way Jacksonville will draw a good crowd next years

Mark Sanchez- If released the Jets incur about 13m in Salary cap hits over the next 2 years. He is practically uncuttable and he will be a Jet next year just not starting imo.

Ryan Fitzpatrick- Decent but not terrible year. I expect them to draft a new qb and keep fitzpatrick through the end of next year.

Alex Smith- Becomes the Quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals.

Brandon Weeden- Too early to give up on him. He hasnt been fantastic yet but I have seen flashes. Needs more time.

Matt Hasselbeck- Finally Retires

Philip Rivers-I think they will keep him there as it seems like he was playing to get Norv fired. A new coach may be his saving grace. They need to fix that oline badly. Rivers gets at least 1 more year.

Matt Cassell- I think he will end up the backup qb in Pittsburgh.

Matt Flynn- I think he will end up the Quarterback for the Chiefs

Kevin Kolb- Could end up the backup QB for the Tennessee Titans.

Kirk Cousins- Too cheap to do anything with right now. I suspect they keep him unless someone offers a Matt Shaub like trade for him.

Michael Vick- I think he ends up a Raider and they release Palmer because he is due 12m this year and 14m the following year.

Carson Palmer- I have idea where he will end up if that happens to be honest

5. CaptainStubing

wow, those are some bold predictions, even giving the landing spots.

6. misfitz

all speculation but i figured it may drum up some conversation. I think most of the landing spots are logical though.

7. CaptainStubing

for most of them, though, you didn't give 'how' the player was going to exit their current team, which was the original question.................

how is vick going to end up with the raiders? how will flynn end up with the chiefs? Smith to Cards? Etc.

8. misfitz

All are making too much money and I expect each of them to be released except maybe Vick I think the Raiders give up a Third for him as long as he restructures his contract.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i think vick ends up in buffalo!

10. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Tim Tebow - released, not many teams wanting to give up too much for him in terms of a trade. Jacksonville may take him if it comes down to that.
    Mark Sanchez - Traded w/ a restructuring of his contract (if possible) for a team that desperately needs depth
    Ryan Fitzpatrick - Will remain starter through 2013 w/ project qb in waiting....unless Vick signs
    Alex Smith - Released, signs with ARI, KC, or OAK
    Brandon Weeden - Remains
    Matt Hasselbeck - Signs with KC or OAK, if he can't compete for a job, he'll retire
    Philip Rivers - If this draft was as deep as last year's I think he'd be gone. He'll have another year to rebound
    Matt Cassell - Wherever Todd Haley goes, he will follow....as a backup
    Matt Flynn - Traded
    Kevin Kolb - Backing up the QB where Reid lands via FA
    Kirk Cousins - Will be kept for another year
    Michael Vick - Arizona, Oakland or Buffalo via trade and restructured contract

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Can the Jets afford to let go Sanchez and take a $17 million cap hit?

Also, isn't Jason Campbell a FA next year?