Colts WR Reggie Wayne Calls Ray Lewis' End-Of-Game Dance 'Disrespectful'

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Jan 7, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Not everybody appreciated the three-hour-long Ray Lewis tribute during Sunday's wild-card game between the Colts and Ravens. Lewis, who came into the league in 1996 and has been the face of the Ravens ever since, announced last week that he would retire at the end of the season.

Which meant that Sunday, his final game at M&T Bank Stadium would be about what Lewis has meant to the city and the franchise and those celebrations manifested themselves in several iterations of Lewis' well-known pregame shimmy. Except because of the circumstances, fans were treated to it before and during the game. And that didn't sit well with Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne.

"I saw it as disrespectful," Wayne told WNDE in Indianapolis. "They'd already had a tribute every quarter."

Source: CBS Sports

2. Dave1968

Dave1968 Rookie

Just wonder how the family of the person Lewis murdered felt about his dance ???

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000123628/Wayne-call-Ray-Lewis-dance-disrespectful]Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne calls Baltimore Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis' dance disrespectful - NFL Videos[/ame]

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Reggie, nut up dude...you lost on "LEWIS'" home turf it's not like he danced on YOUR logo...freaking crybaby...

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

This wasn't as bad as TO posing on the Dallas Cowboys star lol

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Sounds like frustration to me!

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

as the old adage goes, if you don't like it then stop it. All they had to do was win the game and then the world would never see the dance live again. But they didn't and we will see the dance for at least another week. Personally I like it. He shows emotion without cheap shots and bullcrap.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im ok with it since its his last game in baltimore most likley let him soak in all he can

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ravens Icon doing his "iconic dance" one last time on home turf? Let it go Reggie. Celebrating a playoff victory and Hall of Fame career one last time in Baltimore. Let it go...no one was even thinking about the Colts at that point.

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Lots of sandy vags around the league lately....

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Don't agree, Reg, but I have too much respect to slam you....

12. dpn

dpn 18to44

^
    this

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Football is a game of emotion. Reggie knows this. I'm sure he completely understands why Ray did what he did, especially with it probably being his last home game ever. Reggie was just frustrated. I'm sure eventually, perhaps right now even, that he won't have a problem with it.