49ers RB Frank Gore Reportedly Hit With $10,500 Fine By NFL Over Socks

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore was fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too low during the NFC Championship Game, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Source: The Redzone

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:rolleyes: give me a freaking break already...SOCKS??? REALLY??? greed runs rampant in the NFL offices.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

What if his socks slide down? Fine?

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

We have to stop the next sagging epidemic!!! First it was pants, now SOCKS :rules2::doh::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp:

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Thats what happened so yeah lol. They were fine early, slid down (probably dragged down on a tackle) and he stopped pulling them up. I can kind of understand some uni violations, like willfully wearing the wrong color of something or not an NFL approved brand...I think its goobered actually but I do understand their stance on it...but fining someone for something that happens during the course of a game is just silly. Sure he could have pulled up his socks more often but cmon hes got bigger fish to fry at the time. If you take the field wearing an NFL approved kit that should be it, youre good to go. Whats next, fines for excessive grass stain? GREEN IS NOT AN APPROVED UNIFORM COLOR FOR YOUR TEAM, COUGH UP TEN GRAND.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

what's really stupid about this whole thing is that the NFLPA meaning the "players" ok'd this crap in the new CBA so I guess they can only blame themselves...silly though...

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Socks to be him.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

9. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Yeah he's got to pull them socks up, he's making the NFL look bad :icon_rolleyes:

10. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

So Brady gets $10,000 for sliding with his leg up into Ed Reed which could have caused serious injury but Gore gets hit with a $10,500 for his socks being too low. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2