NFL Hopes To Decide Pro Bowl's Future By April

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Jan 22, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The NFL is hoping to decide the fate of the Pro Bowl by the time it releases next season's schedule in April. And the fate of the league's all-star game will largely depend on how much effort this year's participants put into the game.

NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson told reporters of the timing at a news conference Tuesday to kick off this year's Pro Bowl week in Honolulu. He said the league expects its players to play a game that fans will be proud of.

''Our hope is that the players will give the same effort and energy that allowed them to become roster members of this Pro Bowl,'' Anderson said.

Commissioner Roger Goodell nearly canceled the game after uninspiring play last year, but it will be held Sunday at Aloha Stadium after discussions between the league and the player's union.

Source: Associated Press

2. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Either move it back to post-Super Bowl, or scrap it

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Make the losing team pay for the winning team and their families' expenses...

4. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Just scrap it I mean honestly most of people who get picked are usually in on name only and you have a lot of people pull out when picked so

5. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

just get rid of it already

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

One thing I'm liking about this game tonight is the lack of commercials...lol...and the fact that it actually looks like football. Except for Peyton having JJ Watt line up at WR...

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Pretty cool that they let Jeff Saturday go over to the AFC side to play some Center to snap to Manning.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Eli with a Pick-6...nice play by Derrick Johnson to snag that and go the distance.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Ok I've only watched about 30 seconds of this, all in about 7 second intervals. Is it as bad as last years?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not even close. It's the Pro Bowl, but the guys are at least giving a "Pro Bowl" effort. Not like last year. The first quarter was actually pretty decent.

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

They should just pare it down like the NHL does where they go play outdoors at different places. Bounce around the states in smaller venues & give it to the fans.

Get them to 'sandlot' the crap out of it, draw plays in the dirt, televise it but give it a neighborhood feel, & let them try as many trick plays & have as many celebrations as they want.

Make it goofy & fun like it was when we played as kids on the fly...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haha, i told someone on Friday when we were talking about the ProBowl that I would be more inclined to watch our neighborhood kids play a game of street ball than the pro bowl ............ it is more entertaining and more physical. :rofl::rofl:

13. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Great minds, tho somewhat unstable, think alike, eh, Cap'n? :icon_smile:

14. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Take it out behind the shed and put a bullet behind it's ear.